latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Custom Registration Page

Home Forums Community Forum Custom Registration Page

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Nov 2nd, 2012 at 5:39 am #30407
Brian Bennis
Username: thumz

Hi

At the moment, people register for membership on my site using the standard white WordPress registration page – http://www.sippclub.com/wp-login.php?action=register

I’d like to display this form on a standard branded page of my website, with the registration form on right hand half of the page, and on the left hand half of the page, some notes about membership.

How do I achieve this?

Thanks.

Brian

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Nov 2nd, 2012 at 10:09 am #30461

Hi Brian.

You could use one of s2Member’s pro-forms. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms[/hilite]

There’s one for free registrations and others to sell access.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Friday Nov 2nd, 2012 at 11:05 am #30473
Brian Bennis

Dear Cristián

Thanks. It works brilliantly.

Have a nice weekend.

Brian

Posted: Friday Nov 2nd, 2012 at 4:47 pm #30486
Brian Bennis

Dear Cristián

Following my message above, whilst the form looks good on the test page – http://www.sippclub.com/test-sign-up-page/ – there are a couple of problems…

1. I completed the form with a test email address and it generated a PayPal error message – – this is concerning from two viewpoints: (i) There’s no mention of Paypal anywhere on the site as it’s a free membership, so that could worry a new member that somehow they’re going to have to pay (i) The email address is a real email address, but one not registered with PayPal, so why the error – this error does not occur on the standard WordPress registration form.

2. The tabs don’t work properly – after the second field, it jumps to a field in the footer and not the third field.

What do you suggest?

Brian

Posted: Friday Nov 2nd, 2012 at 6:20 pm #30507
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Brian,

While the Free Registration Pro-Forms do not require checkout by PayPal (or any interaction with PayPal for that matter), you must still configure your PayPal email address in Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details. This has to do with how the Pro-Form system works within s2Member.

Regarding the tabbing: The thing that determines the order of fields when pressing the Tab key is an HTML attribute called tabindex. The s2Member Pro-Forms automatically generate a tabindex starting with 10, then 20, then 30, etc. If you look at the HTML for your contact form in the footer of your website, you’ll see that the Name field has a tabindex of 21, which is why pressing tab after the Last Name field on the Pro-Form (tabindex 20) goes to your Name field in the footer (tabindex 21).

To fix this, you’ll need to modify the HTML for the contact form in your footer and change the tabindex for those fields to something much higher (you can use 500, 501, and 502 to be safe).

Posted: Friday Nov 2nd, 2012 at 6:49 pm #30514
Brian Bennis

Dear Raam

Thanks for the PayPal clues. I’ve now sorted that out. Fab.

The contact form in the footer is a widget with the theme. How do I get into the tabindex to alter the fields to something much higher?

Brian

Posted: Saturday Nov 3rd, 2012 at 6:31 am #30536
Brian Bennis

Dear Raam

The good people at the theme have shown me where to alter the tabindex, so I’m sorted on this point. One final thing though, please.

Thanks to your help, the registration form is now nicely integrated on the page – http://www.sippclub.com/join/

In S2Member, is there a similar way to integrate the login form into the page, rather than the standard WordPress form like this one – http://www.sippclub.com/wp-login.php

Thanks.

Brian

Posted: Saturday Nov 3rd, 2012 at 7:19 am #30539

Yeah, you can use the s2Member Pro login widget in one of the widget areas, or through PHP in the body of your pages/posts.
[hilite path]Dashboard -> Appearance -> Widgets -> s2Member Pro Login Widget[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Pro Login Widget (via PHP)[/hilite]

Posted: Monday Nov 5th, 2012 at 4:19 am #30621
Brian Bennis

Dear Cristián

Thanks. I should have looked harder, for I just couldn’t see it in the long list of fabulous options. It works really nicely. Just one thing though.

When you’re logged in, and you hit the login button, you get this list…

Clicking the ‘My Account’ link takes you to the ‘welcome page’ – ie the page you arrive at when you first log in to the members area. I would have thought it would have taken you to the ‘edit my profile’ screen. Is there any way I can amend the title of the first link from ‘My Account’ to ‘Welcome To The Members Area’ – or better still, simply remove the ‘My Account’ link?

Brian

Posted: Monday Nov 5th, 2012 at 6:56 pm #30709

You can edit that link in the widget’s settings. [hilite path]Dashboard -> Appearance -> Widgets -> s2Member Pro Login Widget[/hilite] :)

Posted: Tuesday Nov 6th, 2012 at 9:40 am #30769
Brian Bennis

Dear Cristián

Thanks for that. Actually, without programming knowledge, I wasn’t able to edit the link with the widget being displayed on the page. So I reformatted the page, allowing me to use it as a sidebar widget, and the editing worked perfectly.

So once again, thanks for all your help. Brilliant service, as always.

Brian

Posted: Wednesday Nov 7th, 2012 at 7:08 am #30862

Glad you were able to solve it! And happy to help. :)

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.