latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Custom Success Shortcode Not Working

Home Forums Community Forum Custom Success Shortcode Not Working

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Feb 3rd, 2013 at 3:15 pm #40570
Ali Cudby
Username: fabfit

Hi,

I’m developing this site for my client Ali. I just had her purchase your Pro license solely to customize the success page after paypal. Can’t get it to work. Checked the forum through and through, and have seen I’m not the only one who struggles with this…

Yes, I’ve tried success shortcode, with and without full url, it is still sending to the generic s2member success page.

[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="1" ccaps="" desc="The FabFit Academy" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.fabfitacademy.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="0.01" rp="1" rt="L" rr="BN" rrt="" rra="1" success="/success-thanks-for-your-purchase/" image="http://www.fabfitacademy.com/wp-content/themes/OptimizePress/images/large-registernow.png" output="button" /]

Please advise.

P.S.

Also, might I suggest that you guys rework this feature. Seems like you are spending a lot of time answering this same issue…

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Feb 4th, 2013 at 1:34 pm #40756
Staff Member

Thanks for reporting this important issue.

Yes, I’ve tried success shortcode, with and without full url, it is still sending to the generic s2member success page.

I’m not aware of any issues with this feature. While there has been some confusion about how it works, it is known to work without issue in the latest release of s2Member® (tested today against WordPress® v3.5 and 3.5.1). However, I agree (at the very least), we need a troubleshooting article for this problem. I’ll see if I can begin here and work toward accomplishing that for others.

What seems to cause issue with this feature, is the difference between a NEW User, and an existing User/Member upgrading their account to a paid status. The success="" Attribute is documented with the following details.

Dashboard -› PayPal Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained)
success="" Success Return URL ( optional ). s2Member handles this automatically for you. However, if you would prefer to take control over the landing page after checkout ( i.e. your own custom Thank-You Page ), you can. If supplied, this must be a full URL, starting with http://. Note, s2Member will NOT use this value if an existing account holder is being modified. s2Member handles account updates ( i.e. billing modification ) in a more dynamic way. Your Success Return URL is only applied to (new) Customers.

So for instance, if you test this as an Administrator, it’s not going to work as expected, because you already have an account; and then you upgrade that account by paying for Membership. The same would be true if you were a Free Subscriber, and then you upgraded to Membership Level #1.

The success="" Shortcode Attribute will ONLY be used for NEW paying customers.

If you want to modify s2Member’s handler for redirects during account modifications, you can apply a filter, and specify a custom URL of your own that handles this much different scenario.

Please create this directory and file:
/wp-content/mu-plugins/s2-hacks.php
(NOTE: these are MUST USE plugins, see: http://codex.wordpress.org/Must_Use_Plugins)
(See also: http://www.s2member.com/kb/hacking-s2member/)

<?php
add_filter('ws_plugin__s2member_redirection_url_after_modification', 'my_modification_redirection_url');
function my_modification_redirection_url()
	{
		return 'http://www.example.com/thanks-for-upgrading/';
	}
&#91;/hilite&#93;

<hr />

Another issue with this feature, is actually a case where it becomes a symptom of a larger problem. If your PayPal® integration is broken in some way, or incomplete; you can have Auto-Return errors that will result in a larger failure  — and in that case nothing will behave as expected; including your success=""

Shortcode Attribute.

If you would like to confirm that you have everything setup properly, please enable s2Member’s logging routines for PayPal®, and then check your paypal-rtn.log file to ensure there were no problems during the Auto-Return from PayPal checkout. See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -› Logging

Another problem that can result in behavior like this, is the lack of an Auto-Return PDT Identity Key in your s2Member® configuration. We often find that site owners have missed this part of the integration with PayPal®.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® PDT Integration

Please let us know if problems persist :-)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.