latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Default Currency? Can I change it to Yen?

Home Forums Community Forum Default Currency? Can I change it to Yen?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jan 23rd, 2013 at 4:31 am #39143
Thom Rawson
Username: tallthom

Japanese Yen is possible in the PayPal button generation, but I can’t generate a button greater than 10,000 yen (about $100 bucks). Could we add a couple of zeros on for Japanese yen? or can s2Member detect a default currency in the settings and account for that local currency?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jan 25th, 2013 at 6:53 pm #39559
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Thom,

I believe this price limit is imposed by PayPal itself. :/

I would contact them and see what you can do about it, or confirm if it really is a limit by PayPal. :)

– Eduan

Posted: Friday Jan 25th, 2013 at 8:42 pm #39584
Thom Rawson
Username: tallthom

Hi Eduan,

Thanks very much for responding. I appreciate it.

I thought as you suggested that PayPal was limiting me… but in the PayPal interface I’m free to create a subscription button for 12,000 yen without problem. It looks like s2Member is the place where the 10,000 yen limit is being imposed. Perhaps PayPal limits subscriptions to 10,000USD per month. But that would be 1,000,000JPY equivalent (roughly given a 100JPY=1USD assumption).

I can probably look through the code and find the place where it checks the amount. But the USD mark ($) is displayed by default in the s2Member button generator which is slightly confusing when generating buttons in JPY. If s2Member had a place for setting the default currency, then it would probably be clearer. Perhaps the s2MemberPro version has this ability?

Thanks again.

Posted: Monday Jan 28th, 2013 at 12:55 pm #39775
Eduan
Username: Eduan

I’ll consult with Jason, see what he has to say about this. :)

Posted: Monday Feb 4th, 2013 at 4:39 am #40590
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread :-)

~ Investigating this. Thanks for your patience.

Posted: Monday Feb 4th, 2013 at 8:07 pm #40801
Staff Member

We’ve identified the underlying issue here, and this will be corrected in the next maintenance release. Thank you VERY much for reporting this. In the mean time, please feel free to change the value manually, by editing your final Shortcode. Please set ra="" whatever amount you’d like to charge.

See also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.