latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

does this program have these features

Home Forums Community Forum does this program have these features

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Mar 27th, 2012 at 1:24 pm #9254
kj poster
Username: kjposter

can I offers visitors to my site the opportunity to sign up to receive notices that I have posted a new blog entry

and or the option to be notified at the end of the day week or month of the same

and in the notice that a new blog(s) posted I would like for a link to the blog(s)

so they can click from the email to read

or offer visitors the opportunity to sign up to paid subscription that would notify them of new blog posts in a private area separate from the free area

I have a host account with hostgator and need to know if this will be all I need

I want to manage my own subscribers and send using the send mail of the hosting account and not a service like aweber or econtact etc

• This topic was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  kj poster.
  • This topic was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  kj poster.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Mar 27th, 2012 at 4:05 pm #9281
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hello,

s2Member integrates with MailChimp and Aweber to provide those features. If you instead want to send emails from within WordPress, you’d need to use a 3rd party plugin, as s2Member does not offer that feature.

With s2Member you can offer a subscription to your subscribers so they pay you for access to the content on your site, however the recommended way to handle email delivery of that content is to use one of the supported list services.

Posted: Tuesday Mar 27th, 2012 at 4:08 pm #9284
kj poster
Username: kjposter

i prefer not to use one of the email services because of fees

what plugin would do this

Posted: Wednesday Mar 28th, 2012 at 3:24 am #9329

MailChimp lets you have up to 2000 subscribers free in one of their plans.
http://mailchimp.com/pricing/free/

With MailChimp’s Forever Free plan, you can send 12,000 emails a month to a list of up to 2,000 subscribers, but there are a few features that are only available to users with paid accounts.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.