latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

General iOS problems

Home Forums Community Forum General iOS problems

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Mar 11th, 2012 at 5:52 am #7854
Bendix
Username: benchefe

It’s me again :)

There are 2 things that are not working on iOS.

The first one is the security badge link. It appears correctly on the footer of my page, but when I click on it, a new window opens, showing just a whit screen with a thin border. This happens on both, iPad 2 and iPhone 4 (5.01). It is working fine on any other pc I’ve tried.

The other biiiiiiig problem is, protecting a video file with s2member and still serving it for iOS, using JW Player.
I’ve tried all kinds of videotypes (mov,mp4,flv,m4v) but nothing worked for me (also tried the standard video that is published with the jwplayer).
I tried setting up cloud front ( auto configuration is working since the last update – thx again Jason), using the jw player codes that are available in the s2member downloads options.
I’ve tried using the advanced mod-mod rewrite linkage using the inline URLs.
I’ve tried to use the restricted files in a …s2member-files/access-s2member-level0 folder and as a custom capabilitie as well (…s2member-files/access-s2member-ccap-v1).
I also tried a clean and fresh WordPress installation.

But all ends up the same, most of them working on my macs and a windows pc, but not on a iOS device.
Changing the video link to a non protected file that is placed on my root folder (it is the same file!), it is working on all iOS devices.

Is anyone able to use jw player with protected files on a iOS device?

Right now I want the files to be kept on my own server, so there would be no need for the cloud front integration.
But just the “simple” usage of a video.mp4 file, that is placed in s2member-files folder, can’t be displayed on iOS.

I think in nowadays it is very important to serve a video for iOS as well. So I am beggin you to help me to find out what is wrong and what else to do.

Thx.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Mar 11th, 2012 at 6:47 pm #7871
RossGrant
Username: RossGrant

Hey Bendix,

I haven’t actually explored S2 for it’s video serving duites as of yet.

I started out before S2 was able to do this with a plugin known as S3 Flowshield.

It securely serves videos from Amazon S3 and encrypts them so no one can hijack your page source and steal your links.

I find that as long as I serve video in a h.264 codec and don’t serve it at too high a resolution that my videos play through Flowplayer (similar to JW) on IOS devices.

What resolution are you serving these videos at?

I sometimes find that my videos will play on iPhone 4S and iPad 2, but aren’t playing on iPhone 4 though.

I don’t serve video higher than 960 x 540. 640 x 360 seems to work on EVERYTHING as long as it’s a MP4 in a h.264 wrapper.

Interested to hear what S2 member can do though, perhaps it will make the S3 Flowshield plugin I use redundant?

Posted: Monday Mar 12th, 2012 at 3:23 pm #7914
Bendix

Hi Ross,

thx for your reply.
I tried different movie types. Right now I am testing it with a H.264, 640×480 video.

My 14 year old cousin is helping me out of this mess :)
right now he is coding a php script for “secure” file streaming.
When the php hack is finished, I will share it… :)
this young boy is really great :)

Greetings

Posted: Tuesday Mar 13th, 2012 at 6:11 am #7965

Bendix, have you read this article on badges?
http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15600#p48550

Let me know if it helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Mar 13th, 2012 at 4:36 pm #8051
Bendix

Hi Christian,

the security badge is working fine on mac and windows computers.
The problem appears only while using an iOS system, clicking on the badge link.

greetings

Posted: Tuesday Mar 13th, 2012 at 4:40 pm #8052
RossGrant

I can confirm this Cristian. My security badeges work fine in all browsers on all desktop machine, Mac and PC.

On iPhone you can click on the badge, it opens a new page but it’s blank.

If any of the badge verification is displayed through flash then it will be that, as iPhone/ iPad just doesn’t deal with flash at all.

If you have an iPhone/ iPad/ iPod touch try it, you’ll see.

No big deal at all, but maybe something to look at eventually.

Ross :)

Posted: Tuesday Mar 13th, 2012 at 4:47 pm #8054
Bendix

it’s flash :)

<body style="background:#FFFFFF; margin:0; padding:0;">
<div style="width:750px; margin:0 auto 0 auto; border:1px solid #CCCCCC;">
<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="./s-details.swf" flashvars="secure=1&amp;domainName=VOCALCOACHING-ONLINE.COM&amp;lastVerified=LAST+VERIFIED%3A+03%2F13%2F2012&amp;md5Hash=6a8c2dbe246e96c4ef2ccfdcdb06c248" width="750" height="700"></embed>
</div>

is there a chance that this could be used in a html5 way or something like that, working in iOS? :)
maybe something for an update :)

but not that important…

:)

Posted: Tuesday Mar 13th, 2012 at 4:48 pm #8055
RossGrant

There’s the issue then! No major deal, but at least we now why it’s happening.

Nice one! :)

Posted: Wednesday Mar 14th, 2012 at 12:21 am #8079

Thanks for reporting that, guys! I’ll show it to Jason to see what could be done about it. :)

Posted: Thursday Mar 15th, 2012 at 6:06 pm #8291
Staff Member

Thanks guys, I’m making a note of this so future versions of that popup are not Flash dependent.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.