latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

htaccess – iOS JW Player MP4 stream

Home Forums Community Forum htaccess – iOS JW Player MP4 stream

This topic contains 30 replies, has 6 voices. Last updated by  Bendix 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Feb 9th, 2012 at 5:55 am #4584
Bendix
Username: benchefe

Me again…
I am trying to use the JW player for video-streaming (not the plugin – using the root installation!)
instead of ../?s2member_file_download=… I am using the advanced mod-rewrite linkage, cause otherwise the stream does not work.
Using this linkage, it is working on my mac but not on my iPhone.
There appears an error: “The video could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported: http://my.domain.com/wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/access-s2member-ccap-v1/testvideo.mp4

I am using this code for JW Player integration:

....script type="text/javascript" src="/jwplayer/jwplayer.js"......../script.....
.....div id="container".....Loading the player ../div... ....script type="text/javascript"....
 jwplayer("container").setup({
flashplayer: "/jwplayer/player.swf",
file: "http://www.my.domain.com/wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/access-s2member-ccap-v1/testvideo.mp4",
'autostart': 'false',
controlbar: "none",
width: "600",
height: "430",
image: "http://www.my.domain.com/video_free/1.jpg",
});
..../script....

when I change the file URL to “http://www.my.domain.com/video_free/testmovie.mp4 ” it is working on iPad, iPhone and my mac. The same happens when deleting the htaccess file from the s2member-files directory… I’ve already tried to use the mp4 inline extension… but it does not work the way it should :(

I’ve already tried the htaccess modifications as mentioned here: http://www.s2member.com/kb/resolving-problems-with-file-downloads/. The goal I want to achieve, is to use the cloud font for my video streams, but till now there was no success setting up the amazon s3 cloud font auto configuration :(

If anybody’s is willing to take a look at my wordpress installation, I can send you the login.

Looks like I can’t get it without help :(

• This topic was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by  Bendix.
  • This topic was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by  Bendix.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Feb 9th, 2012 at 8:31 pm #4698
Staff Member

Hi there. Thanks for your inquiry.

Can you please state the version of WordPress & s2Member that you’re running?
Also, you mentioned that inline files are not working properly. Who is your hosting provider please? Do you know if your web host is running Apache, Windows IIS, LiteSpeed, etc?

Posted: Friday Feb 10th, 2012 at 4:07 am #4727
Bendix

Hey Jason,
thanx for your answer.
I am using the newest version of wordpress (3.3.1-de_DE) and s2member pro (v111220).
It is a linux apache server. I just tried to use the inline files to make the jw player work for iOS.

my php info

I can send you administrative login data for my installation…
I am still trying to run the jw player streams using the cloud font, but the auto configuration always ends up with error 400 :(

Greetings and thx so much!
This is the best support!

Posted: Friday Feb 17th, 2012 at 7:16 am #5476
Bendix

Hey Folks,
I am really getting crazy :( I can’t figure out how to solve this problem :(
Still the same!
If the file is protected by s2member (…/s2member-files/access_s2member_ccap_v1/testvideo.mp4), the video is not working on iOS.
Using the same video placed here: http://www.my-domain.com/free_video/testvideo.mp4 it is working like a charm… In both cases the player is placed as a part of the same wordpress page.

So I must confess:

1. JW Player is installed correctly and working fine! (when using advanced mod-rewrite linkage)
2. The video format is working for iOS, cause the same video unprotected is working fine
3. Same problems disabling plugins
4. same problems changing theme to standard
5. :(

So there must be a wrong configuration by s2member :(
I can’t find out, whats going wrong.

Please help me…

Posted: Friday Feb 17th, 2012 at 7:55 am #5477
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hi Bendix, thanks for the follow-up.

Could you please tell us the version of Apache you have?

Have you tried upgrading to the latest version of s2Member following the instructions here? The current version right now is v120213.

Thanks, and I hope this helps. :)

Posted: Friday Feb 17th, 2012 at 8:38 am #5481
Bendix

Hi Eduàn,

thx for your reply!

Server version: Apache/2.2.16 (Debian)
Server built: Feb 5 2012 21:35:42

s2Member Version 120213 + s2Member Pro v120213

already using the newest versions…

Posted: Thursday Feb 23rd, 2012 at 3:02 am #6075
Staff Member
Posted: Thursday Feb 23rd, 2012 at 3:10 am #6076
Bendix

Thx Jason :)

but nothing works for me :(

But again! Great support!!!!
I don’t need the multisite license right now, but I will buy it to support this community!

I will try a clear new wordpress setup with just s2member installed.
maybe something crashed my installation….

Greetings

Posted: Thursday Feb 23rd, 2012 at 3:13 am #6077
Staff Member

Hi Bendix. Thanks for your follow-ups.
I’ve just read back through your thread here. It sounds like the issue has to do specifically with iOS. If you place the file into an insecure location, it works though, is that correct?

So it sounds like the underlying issue could be one of two things.

1. The iOS user is not being recognized as having logged into the site during video playback.
2. The web server is configured to deliver files served via PHP scripts in a different way, to iOS perhaps?

The difference between s2Member serving the file, and the file being downloaded from an insecure location, is that s2Member is delivering the file via a PHP script. If you’re running the latest release of s2Member v120219 and this is still occuring, I would suggest that you create this directory and file please.

/wp-content/mu-plugins/s2-hacks.php
( these are MUST USE plugins, see: http://codex.wordpress.org/Must_Use_Plugins )

<?php
	add_filter("ws_plugin__s2member_chunk_file_downloads", "__return_false");
	add_filter("ws_plugin__s2member_flush_file_downloads", "__return_false");
?>

If no dice, I would then recommend that you integrate s2Member with Amazon S3/CloudFront. That’s where you’ll want to end up anyway. If you’re going to serve protected videos, I strongly suggest that you take advantage of the CloudFront CDN for this, and that will likely resolve any server compatibility issues that you’re seeing now.
Video » s2Member® File Downloads (Amazon S3/CloudFront/JW Player)

Posted: Thursday Feb 23rd, 2012 at 3:23 am #6080
Bendix

thx again, Jason!

I already tried the additional hack and also tried to setup Cloud Front :( but as you can see in this thread it always ends up with Error 400.
http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/error-400/?nc14#post-5832

I watched the Video and did everything as you said.
Maybe this is another hint for finding a solution:

As I tried to setup the remote header auth method as shown in the video, My page does not accept the username and password. So podcasts can`t be used :(

I bought the us_license :)

thx for your support!

Greetings

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  Bendix.
Posted: Thursday Feb 23rd, 2012 at 10:02 am #6114
DrByte
Username: DrByte

Hi Bendix

What Coder are using to convert to mp4 and how big is your file?

Jason hack should work unless otherwise you have something in the site main htaccess file.

<?php
add_filter("ws_plugin__s2member_chunk_file_downloads", "__return_false");
add_filter("ws_plugin__s2member_flush_file_downloads", "__return_false");
?>

form my experience with videos, iPads seems to like the m4v container better than others. It seems it relies heavenly on the iTunes and most are m4v.

Others that might help:

add this to your htaccess file

AddType video/mp4 m4v

or

AddType video/mp4
AddType video/x-m4v

Sam

Posted: Monday Feb 27th, 2012 at 10:10 pm #6620
Staff Member

Hi Bendix. Just checking back in here. Has this been resolved? Or still having trouble?

Posted: Tuesday Feb 28th, 2012 at 2:32 am #6650
Allen W
Username: allenw

Hey Bendix,

I think I can answer this for you (and then maybe you can help me with my issue)

Are you trying to stream over RTMP to an Iphone or Ipad? (in a .swf container?)

I’ve done a lot of research on this already and apparently if you want to stream to Iphone / Ipad it can only be through HTTP streaming and no flash or .swf – And of course the file has to be MP4, which you have. (Mac has no problem with flash and RTMP, only the Ios)

They have what sounds like a special tongue-n-cheek for this: Cupertino Streaming!

I think there’s a way to use the HTML5 player and HTTP streaming together (through cloudfront) but I don’t think this can be secured very easily yet. Hope I’m wrong on that. I want to do it too!

Allen

Posted: Thursday Mar 1st, 2012 at 6:51 am #6877
Bendix

Hey, here I am again :) Sorry for that delayed response, but I received Error 503 (too many IP addresses) while trying to log in. It’s not the first time s2member dislikes the login from up to 4 different devices (iPad,iPhone,macbook, mac pro) :)

back to what we are talking about.
thx for all your responses…

right now, my iPad plays back my test videos like a charm :)
but I don’t know exactly why :)
I disconnected from my amazon bucket, so the files are stored local on my server, using this script for playback:

[s2If current_user_can(access_s2member_ccap_v1)]
<div id="container"></div>
<script type="text/javascript">// <![CDATA[
 jwplayer("container").setup({
flashplayer: "/jwplayer/player.swf",
file: "http://www.vocalcoaching-online.com/wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/access_s2member_ccap_v1/testvideo.mp4",
autostart: "false",
controlbar: "true",
width: 600,
height: 430,
});
// ]]></script>[/s2If]

On that way I can’t use the RTMP Protocol… but better than playback problems for iOS.
here my s2member-files htaccess file:

Options +FollowSymLinks -MultiViews -Indexes

<IfModule mod_env.c>
# No GZIP for script-based file downloads.
	SetEnv no-gzip 1
</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
# Enable rewrite and configure base.
	RewriteEngine On
	RewriteBase /

# Initialize all environment variables we're using below.
	RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_download_setup} !^complete$
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [E=s2member_file_download_wp_vdir:0,E=s2member_file_download:$1,E=s2member_file_stream:0,E=s2member_file_inline:0,E=s2member_file_storage:0,E=s2member_file_remote:0,E=s2member_file_ssl:0,E=s2member_file_download_key:0,E=s2member_skip_confirmation:0,E=s2member_file_download_setup:complete]

# Handle virtual directories, common on multisite networks.
	RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_download_wp_vdir_check} !^complete$
	RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^(?:GET|HEAD)(?:[\ ]+)(?:/)([_0-9a-zA-Z\-]+/)(?:wp-content/)
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [E=s2member_file_download_wp_vdir:,E=s2member_file_download_wp_vdir:%1,E=s2member_file_download_wp_vdir_check:complete]

# Handle streaming download requests via the rewrite engine.
	RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_download} ^(.*?)(?:s2member-file-stream/)(.+)$
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [N,E=s2member_file_download:,E=s2member_file_download:%1%2,E=s2member_file_stream:,E=s2member_file_stream:&s2member_file_stream=yes]

RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_download} ^(.*?)(?:s2member-file-stream-(.+?)/)(.+)$
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [N,E=s2member_file_download:,E=s2member_file_download:%1%3,E=s2member_file_stream:,E=s2member_file_stream:&s2member_file_stream=%2]

# Handle inline file requests via the rewrite engine.
	RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_download} ^(.*?)(?:s2member-file-inline/)(.+)$
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [N,E=s2member_file_download:,E=s2member_file_download:%1%2,E=s2member_file_inline:,E=s2member_file_inline:&s2member_file_inline=yes]

RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_download} ^(.*?)(?:s2member-file-inline-(.+?)/)(.+)$
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [N,E=s2member_file_download:,E=s2member_file_download:%1%3,E=s2member_file_inline:,E=s2member_file_inline:&s2member_file_inline=%2]

# Handle storage specifications via the rewrite engine.
	RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_download} ^(.*?)(?:s2member-file-storage-(.+?)/)(.+)$
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [N,E=s2member_file_download:,E=s2member_file_download:%1%3,E=s2member_file_storage:,E=s2member_file_storage:&s2member_file_storage=%2]

# Handle remote authorization requests via the rewrite engine.
	RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_download} ^(.*?)(?:s2member-file-remote/)(.+)$
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [N,E=s2member_file_download:,E=s2member_file_download:%1%2,E=s2member_file_remote:,E=s2member_file_remote:&s2member_file_remote=yes]

RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_download} ^(.*?)(?:s2member-file-remote-(.+?)/)(.+)$
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [N,E=s2member_file_download:,E=s2member_file_download:%1%3,E=s2member_file_remote:,E=s2member_file_remote:&s2member_file_remote=%2]

# Handle SSL file requests via the rewrite engine.
	RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_download} ^(.*?)(?:s2member-file-ssl/)(.+)$
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [N,E=s2member_file_download:,E=s2member_file_download:%1%2,E=s2member_file_ssl:,E=s2member_file_ssl:&s2member_file_ssl=yes]

RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_download} ^(.*?)(?:s2member-file-ssl-(.+?)/)(.+)$
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [N,E=s2member_file_download:,E=s2member_file_download:%1%3,E=s2member_file_ssl:,E=s2member_file_ssl:&s2member_file_ssl=%2]

# Handle file download keys via the rewrite engine.
	RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_download} ^(.*?)(?:s2member-file-download-key-(.+?)/)(.+)$
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [N,E=s2member_file_download:,E=s2member_file_download:%1%3,E=s2member_file_download_key:,E=s2member_file_download_key:&s2member_file_download_key=%2]

# Handle confirmations having beek skipped via the rewrite engine.
	RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_download} ^(.*?)(?:s2member-skip-confirmation/)(.+)$
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [N,E=s2member_file_download:,E=s2member_file_download:%1%2,E=s2member_skip_confirmation:,E=s2member_skip_confirmation:&s2member_skip_confirmation=yes]

RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_download} ^(.*?)(?:s2member-skip-confirmation-(.+?)/)(.+)$
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [N,E=s2member_file_download:,E=s2member_file_download:%1%3,E=s2member_skip_confirmation:,E=s2member_skip_confirmation:&s2member_skip_confirmation=%2]

# Cleanup variables not used in this request. Looking for `0` values.
	RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_download_wp_vdir} ^0$
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [E=s2member_file_download_wp_vdir:]

RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_stream} ^0$
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [E=s2member_file_stream:]

RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_inline} ^0$
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [E=s2member_file_inline:]

RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_storage} ^0$
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [E=s2member_file_storage:]

RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_remote} ^0$
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [E=s2member_file_remote:]

RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_ssl} ^0$
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [E=s2member_file_ssl:]

RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_download_key} ^0$
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [E=s2member_file_download_key:]

RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_skip_confirmation} ^0$
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [E=s2member_skip_confirmation:]

# Put everything together now and process the internal rewrite.
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ %{ENV:s2member_file_download_wp_vdir}?s2member_file_download=%{ENV:s2member_file_download}%{ENV:s2member_file_stream}%{ENV:s2member_file_inline}%{ENV:s2member_file_storage}%{ENV:s2member_file_remote}%{ENV:s2member_file_ssl}%{ENV:s2member_file_download_key}%{ENV:s2member_skip_confirmation} [QSA,L]
</IfModule>

<IfModule !mod_rewrite.c>
	deny from all
</IfModule>

Thats it for the moment. I will go on testing with a friend of mine, who knows much more about server configurations and php :) I am just a musician :)
I will report soon :)

Greetings and thx again, for the best community in the world wide web !

Posted: Thursday Mar 1st, 2012 at 9:30 am #6885
Bendix

oh boy…
after upgrading to the newest s2member version, it fails again :(
strange…

I tried mp4, flv and m4v videos.

Only the flv prompts my iPhone for download and shows the dowload limitation massage…

all these filly types are set as inline types in s2member-dowload options.

oh boy oh boy :(

I don’t understand whats going on…

Posted: Friday Mar 2nd, 2012 at 3:56 am #7020

Are you using the same code you posted earlier?

[hilite pre_code][[s2If current_user_can(access_s2member_ccap_v1)]

[/s2If]][/hilite]

Did you change anything else or just updated s2Member?

Posted: Friday Mar 2nd, 2012 at 5:01 am #7031
Bendix

Hey Christian,

thx for your reply!

I just updated to the newest s2member version (framework and pro), using the same code that works before…
This is my htaccess of my s2member-files directory:

Options +FollowSymLinks -MultiViews -Indexes

<IfModule mod_env.c>
# No GZIP for script-based file downloads.
	SetEnv no-gzip 1
</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
# Enable rewrite and configure base.
	RewriteEngine On
	RewriteBase /

# Initialize all environment variables we're using below.
	RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_download_setup} !^complete$
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [E=s2member_file_download_wp_vdir:0,E=s2member_file_download:$1,E=s2member_file_stream:0,E=s2member_file_inline:0,E=s2member_file_storage:0,E=s2member_file_remote:0,E=s2member_file_ssl:0,E=s2member_file_download_key:0,E=s2member_skip_confirmation:0,E=s2member_file_download_setup:complete]

# Handle virtual directories, common on multisite networks.
	RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_download_wp_vdir_check} !^complete$
	RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^(?:GET|HEAD)(?:[\ ]+)(?:/)([_0-9a-zA-Z\-]+/)(?:wp-content/)
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [E=s2member_file_download_wp_vdir:,E=s2member_file_download_wp_vdir:%1,E=s2member_file_download_wp_vdir_check:complete]

# Handle streaming download requests via the rewrite engine.
	RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_download} ^(.*?)(?:s2member-file-stream/)(.+)$
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [N,E=s2member_file_download:,E=s2member_file_download:%1%2,E=s2member_file_stream:,E=s2member_file_stream:&s2member_file_stream=yes]

RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_download} ^(.*?)(?:s2member-file-stream-(.+?)/)(.+)$
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [N,E=s2member_file_download:,E=s2member_file_download:%1%3,E=s2member_file_stream:,E=s2member_file_stream:&s2member_file_stream=%2]

# Handle inline file requests via the rewrite engine.
	RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_download} ^(.*?)(?:s2member-file-inline/)(.+)$
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [N,E=s2member_file_download:,E=s2member_file_download:%1%2,E=s2member_file_inline:,E=s2member_file_inline:&s2member_file_inline=yes]

RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_download} ^(.*?)(?:s2member-file-inline-(.+?)/)(.+)$
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [N,E=s2member_file_download:,E=s2member_file_download:%1%3,E=s2member_file_inline:,E=s2member_file_inline:&s2member_file_inline=%2]

# Handle storage specifications via the rewrite engine.
	RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_download} ^(.*?)(?:s2member-file-storage-(.+?)/)(.+)$
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [N,E=s2member_file_download:,E=s2member_file_download:%1%3,E=s2member_file_storage:,E=s2member_file_storage:&s2member_file_storage=%2]

# Handle remote authorization requests via the rewrite engine.
	RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_download} ^(.*?)(?:s2member-file-remote/)(.+)$
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [N,E=s2member_file_download:,E=s2member_file_download:%1%2,E=s2member_file_remote:,E=s2member_file_remote:&s2member_file_remote=yes]

RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_download} ^(.*?)(?:s2member-file-remote-(.+?)/)(.+)$
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [N,E=s2member_file_download:,E=s2member_file_download:%1%3,E=s2member_file_remote:,E=s2member_file_remote:&s2member_file_remote=%2]

# Handle SSL file requests via the rewrite engine.
	RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_download} ^(.*?)(?:s2member-file-ssl/)(.+)$
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [N,E=s2member_file_download:,E=s2member_file_download:%1%2,E=s2member_file_ssl:,E=s2member_file_ssl:&s2member_file_ssl=yes]

RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_download} ^(.*?)(?:s2member-file-ssl-(.+?)/)(.+)$
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [N,E=s2member_file_download:,E=s2member_file_download:%1%3,E=s2member_file_ssl:,E=s2member_file_ssl:&s2member_file_ssl=%2]

# Handle file download keys via the rewrite engine.
	RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_download} ^(.*?)(?:s2member-file-download-key-(.+?)/)(.+)$
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [N,E=s2member_file_download:,E=s2member_file_download:%1%3,E=s2member_file_download_key:,E=s2member_file_download_key:&s2member_file_download_key=%2]

# Handle confirmations having beek skipped via the rewrite engine.
	RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_download} ^(.*?)(?:s2member-skip-confirmation/)(.+)$
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [N,E=s2member_file_download:,E=s2member_file_download:%1%2,E=s2member_skip_confirmation:,E=s2member_skip_confirmation:&s2member_skip_confirmation=yes]

RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_download} ^(.*?)(?:s2member-skip-confirmation-(.+?)/)(.+)$
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [N,E=s2member_file_download:,E=s2member_file_download:%1%3,E=s2member_skip_confirmation:,E=s2member_skip_confirmation:&s2member_skip_confirmation=%2]

# Cleanup variables not used in this request. Looking for `0` values.
	RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_download_wp_vdir} ^0$
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [E=s2member_file_download_wp_vdir:]

RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_stream} ^0$
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [E=s2member_file_stream:]

RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_inline} ^0$
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [E=s2member_file_inline:]

RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_storage} ^0$
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [E=s2member_file_storage:]

RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_remote} ^0$
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [E=s2member_file_remote:]

RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_ssl} ^0$
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [E=s2member_file_ssl:]

RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_download_key} ^0$
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [E=s2member_file_download_key:]

RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_skip_confirmation} ^0$
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [E=s2member_skip_confirmation:]

# Put everything together now and process the internal rewrite.
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ %{ENV:s2member_file_download_wp_vdir}?s2member_file_download=%{ENV:s2member_file_download}%{ENV:s2member_file_stream}%{ENV:s2member_file_inline}%{ENV:s2member_file_storage}%{ENV:s2member_file_remote}%{ENV:s2member_file_ssl}%{ENV:s2member_file_download_key}%{ENV:s2member_skip_confirmation} [QSA,L]
</IfModule>

<IfModule !mod_rewrite.c>
	deny from all
</IfModule>

And this one is my htaccess of my wordpress root directory:

RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{HTTP_Host} ^vocalcoaching-online\.com$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.vocalcoaching-online.com/$1 [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{HTTP_Host} ^vocalcoaching-online\.de$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.vocalcoaching-online.de/$1 [R=301,L]

# BEGIN s2Member GZIP exclusions
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
	RewriteEngine On
	RewriteBase /
	RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (^|\?|&)s2member_file_download\=.+
	RewriteRule .* - [E=no-gzip:1]
</IfModule>
# END s2Member GZIP exclusions

# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>

# END WordPress

oh boy :)

Posted: Friday Mar 2nd, 2012 at 5:23 am #7038
DrByte

Hi,

So let me get this right..

you have an MP4 video file
you were using AWS – stream OK to your Mac but not to your iPad, iPhone
when streaming locally, it works on all (when deleting htaccess)

Can you please show us the full JW Player code you are using on your site.

Sam

Posted: Friday Mar 2nd, 2012 at 5:35 am #7039
Bendix

Hi DrByte,

I installed the jwplayer in my root directory, as described.
And it is working on all my devices when using the same file in a unprotected folder!

file: "http://www.vocalcoaching-online.com/video_free/testvideo.mp4"

When protected,

file: "http://www.vocalcoaching-online.com/wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/access_s2member_ccap_v1/testvideo.mp4"

all iOS devices fail with the message:

The Video could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported:http://www.vocalcoaching-online.com/wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/access_s2member_ccap_v1/testvideo.mp4

I’ve also tried the jwplayer plugin for wordpress, resulting with the same error :(

Posted: Friday Mar 2nd, 2012 at 5:52 am #7040
DrByte

are you using html5 fallback option?

Posted: Friday Mar 2nd, 2012 at 5:56 am #7041
Bendix

Yeah, as described in the jwplayer quick start guide:

Embedding the JW Player on your website is a simple, 3-step process:
1. Upload the jwplayer.js and player.swf files from the download ZIP to your server. All other files in the download (documentation, source code, etc) are optional.
2. Include the jwplayer.js somewhere in the head of your webpage:
<script type="text/javascript" src="/jwplayer/jwplayer.js"></script>
3. Call the player setup somewhere in the body of your website. Here's a basic example:
When the page is loading, the JW Player is automatically instantiated on top of the <div>. By default, the player is rendered in Flash. If Flash is not supported (e.g. on an iPad), the player is rendered in HTML5.
Posted: Friday Mar 2nd, 2012 at 6:22 am #7046
DrByte

OK,

Can you please go here http://www.codetrac.net/wp-admin

username: test
password: test

you will see a video

try to play in in you iPad, iPhone …..etc

let me know

Sam

Posted: Friday Mar 2nd, 2012 at 6:28 am #7048
Bendix

Thx Sam,

I can watch this video on my iPhone!
Is this one protected?

Posted: Friday Mar 2nd, 2012 at 6:30 am #7049
DrByte

yes it is

I am using amazon s3/cloudfront

How about your iPad?

Posted: Friday Mar 2nd, 2012 at 6:36 am #7050
Bendix

Can’t check my iPad right now, cause it is at home and I am at work. but when iPhone is working, I thing iPad will do as well :)

well… I tried to set up Amazon as I wrote in another post in this forum, but the auto configuration failed :(
I could not find a solution for setting up my cloud front so far…

oh boy :)

I will go on, and on, and on, and on…… :)

Posted: Friday Mar 2nd, 2012 at 7:00 am #7052
DrByte

Others pages you may want to try

http://www.codetrac.net/?page_id=572 it a mov file

this is your video

http://www.codetrac.net/?page_id=573

Are you using Amazon at all or just your host directory?

Here is another page using S2member directory.

http://www.codetrac.net/test/wp-admin

test
test

let me know if the video plays on your iphone and ipad

Sam

Look at the code and see if you can copy it to your – the video

Sam

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.