latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

JWplayer shortcode for Poster not working

Home Forums Community Forum JWplayer shortcode for Poster not working

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jan 29th, 2013 at 3:11 pm #39926
Ronnie
Username: Zeeflo

Hello.

This is an example of a shortcode I am using:

[s2Stream player="jwplayer-v6-rtmp" player_path="/jwplayer/jwplayer.js" player_width="640" player_height="360" player_image="https://www.XXXX.dk:443/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/terminator3.jpg" file_download="terminator3/terminator3_16-9_1800k_720p.mp4" /]

So far so good. Movie is playing (allthough files get served from an Edge location in Washington, and I am in Denmark – Wooohooo Amazon).

But, using the player_image=”xxx” should display an image in the player untill Play is selected, correct?
In my case the image is not displayed. Is my shortcode wrong? If not, what can I do/should I do?

/Ron

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jan 29th, 2013 at 3:56 pm #39928
RossGrant
Username: RossGrant

Nothing wrong with your code from what i can tell Ron, I too can’t get images working.

I think something may be amiss somewhere.

Jason should hopefully be able to pitch in here!

Posted: Thursday Jan 31st, 2013 at 9:13 am #40128
Staff Member

Thanks for reporting this important issue.

Yes, this is a bug. I’m having this updated for the next maintenance release. Until then, if you’d like to correct it ahead of time, please download the attached file. Unzip and upload the /players/ directory, allowing all files to override your existing copies inside: /s2member/includes/templates/players/

http://d1v41qemfjie0l.cloudfront.net/s2member/uploads/players.zip

Posted: Thursday Jan 31st, 2013 at 9:28 am #40131
Ronnie

@ Jason, youre the man!

First RC for 6.2 is out, if you want to get ahead with s2member support for 6.2 when ever its out.
http://developer.longtailvideo.com/trac/browser/tags/mediaplayer-6.2-rc1

ALSO, if I have a JW license, I have to add the key in the shortcode, how ever, @ Longtail video its suggested to just put it in the header like this:

<head>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/jwplayer/jwplayer.js" ></script>
<script type="text/javascript">jwplayer.key="i8jKx6H1c5u4EYDxTNGYTM2ZCo146KKdvBMZUA==";</script>
</head>

Would it not be easier for us/you to be able to do the same? I mean, if I buy a license and I have 500 posts, I have to manually update each post with a key.. :/

Posted: Friday Feb 1st, 2013 at 6:53 pm #40317
Echomango
Username: echomango

Thank you Jason. The player_image shortcode now works great!

Posted: Saturday Feb 2nd, 2013 at 11:02 am #40431
Staff Member

@ Ronnie

Would it not be easier for us/you to be able to do the same? I mean, if I buy a license and I have 500 posts, I have to manually update each post with a key.. :/

Yes, I agree this would be easier. It won’t hurt anything to do one or both. If you put that in the HEAD, you won’t need to add it to each Shortcode. That’s perfectly OK to do that.

Wait. This does not work. See follow-up below.

First RC for 6.2 is out, if you want to get ahead with s2member support for 6.2 when ever its out.
http://developer.longtailvideo.com/trac/browser/tags/mediaplayer-6.2-rc1

Thanks for the heads up!

Posted: Saturday Feb 2nd, 2013 at 11:06 am #40433
Ronnie

Unfortunately, if I put it in my themes, header.php in the HEAD , its not gonna cut it. We had to go through all our posts and put it in the shortcode.

Perhaps a theme bug? Perhaps something completely diffirent.. But putting it in the HEAD didnt cut it for me.

Posted: Saturday Feb 2nd, 2013 at 11:17 am #40435
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up :-)

Your’re absolutely right. I’m editing my previous post. This occurs because s2Member attempts to define this, and if you don’t set it in each Shortcode, it will actually nullify any value that you defined earlier. Not ideal. I’m going to have this updated to support a key being placed in the head, or in the [s2Stream /] Shortcode. I’ll add this in the next maintenance release. Thank you!

Posted: Monday Feb 4th, 2013 at 8:00 am #40675
Ronnie

@ Jason

I can confirm that the Javascript JWplayer Key in the header is working with your new release 130203.

Posted: Monday Feb 4th, 2013 at 10:06 am #40732
Staff Member

Thanks for the update! I appreciate that.

For the benefit of other readers. Both of the issues reported in this thread have been resolved in s2Member® v130203+. See: http://www.s2member.com/changelog/#s2-changes-v130203
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.