latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Members can access all, non-members must pay

Home Forums Community Forum Members can access all, non-members must pay

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 12 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jan 11th, 2013 at 8:56 am #36983

Hi there,

I’ve started playing around with the free version of S2Member and it seems like the perfect fit for one of my clients who are trying to build a website selling (primarily) video content.

They would like there to be two main ways for users to get at the content:
1) Via paid memberships
2) Pay Per Post

I can get (1) and (2) to work great in S2M, but only one of them on any particular post at one time. In other words: when I protect a specific post, members cannot view that post; and when I protect it via member level, that breaks the ability for non-members to pay for that specific post.

~~

My clients would like posts to be both individually purchasable for non-members and viewable (without further payments) by paid members.

Question: Is that readily possible with S2Members (either free or Pro)?

If it is readily possible, but requires a bit of tech support, that would be good cause for me to advise them to purchase a license!

Many thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jan 12th, 2013 at 1:35 pm #37146
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry.

~ We appreciate your patience :-)

My clients would like posts to be both individually purchasable for non-members and viewable (without further payments) by paid members.

Yes, this is possible in both the free and paid versions of s2Member. You’ll want to protect these Posts/Pages using s2Member’s Specific Post/Page Access Restrictions, and sell access to them using s2Member’s Specific Post/Page PayPal Buttons. Or, you can use Pro Forms, if you’re running s2Member Pro.

Please take a look at this section in your Dashboard.
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Specific Post/Page (Buy Now) Buttons

There is also a video tutorial here that you might like to watch.
Video » s2Member (Specific Posts/Pages)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.