latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Remove all restrictions for specific posts

Home Forums Community Forum Remove all restrictions for specific posts

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Sep 22nd, 2012 at 2:58 pm #26131

I have all posts on my site restricted to at least Level 1 with the “all” option under the Post Level Access Restrictions.

For marketing purposes, I would like to make some posts visible to anybody who visits the site, without forcing those visitors to sign up (even as level 0 free subscribers).

However, I don’t see the option to remove all restrictions on individual posts. (the only choices on the individual post menu are levels 0 through 4, not “unrestricted” or “none of the above”).

Alternatively, is there a way to set the restriction on an individual post to level 0, for example, but allow all posts with that restriction to be seen by anybody who visits my site (without making them sign up)?

Alternatively, is there a negative or exception option under the Post Level Access Restrictions menu — for example, “all -15 -12”, which would restrict all posts to subscribers at a particular level except (in this example) those with id 15 or 12?

Thanks,

Michael

• This topic was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by  Eduan. Reason: Moved to the customer support forums

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Sep 25th, 2012 at 12:16 pm #26446

Hi there — any word re: my the query I posted Saturday: Remove all restrictions for specific posts…?

Posted: Tuesday Sep 25th, 2012 at 1:40 pm #26455
Eduan
Username: Eduan
I moved this post to the customer support forum, so that the support reps can notice it. :)
Posted: Tuesday Sep 25th, 2012 at 2:00 pm #26457

Thank you. I wasn’t paying attention and thought I was there already.

Posted: Tuesday Sep 25th, 2012 at 2:09 pm #26458
Eduan
Username: Eduan

No problem. :)

Posted: Wednesday Sep 26th, 2012 at 7:39 am #26545

Hi Michael.

Alternatively, is there a negative or exception option under the Post Level Access Restrictions menu — for example, “all -15 -12″, which would restrict all posts to subscribers at a particular level except (in this example) those with id 15 or 12?

No, there isn’t that yet. What you can do is tag all the posts you want to protect, or put them under a category, and use the Tag or Category restrictions. Then you can leave out the two posts you want unprotected.

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.