latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2member File Download with s3 Integration

Home Forums Community Forum s2member File Download with s3 Integration

This topic contains 15 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Nathan Cornella 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Nov 3rd, 2012 at 2:38 pm #30560

I tried to download a file from one of my protected page and when I hit download, s2member alerted with a message:

— Confirm File Download —

You`ve downloaded 1 protected file in the last 365 days.

You`re entitled to UNLIMITED downloads though ( so, no worries )

but when I hit Ok, I got the following error messages:

Fatal error: s2Member was unable to generate an RSA-SHA1 signature. Please make sure your installation of PHP is compiled with OpenSSL: `openssl_sign()`. See: http://php.net/manual/en/function.openssl-sign.php in /home/nathanco/public_html/howtoblogtutorial.com/wp-content/plugins/s2member/includes/classes/utils-strings.inc.php on line 446

I am logged in as Admin.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Nov 5th, 2012 at 7:48 am #30627

any help guys? I am trying to solve this problem but can’t get it to work….

Posted: Monday Nov 5th, 2012 at 12:01 pm #30640

anybody? Thanks.

Posted: Monday Nov 5th, 2012 at 10:32 pm #30720
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Nathan,

It sounds like your web server does not have all the necessary requirements for running s2Member. Your PHP installation needs to be compiled with OpenSSL. Please contact your web host and ask them to fix that for you.

Also please download this Server Check Tool, upload the PHP file to your WordPress directory, and then load the URL to the file in your browser. It will run a bunch of tests to determine if there’s anything else amiss on the server-side.

Posted: Tuesday Nov 6th, 2012 at 12:53 pm #30782

Thanks Raam for the reply.

I run the S2member server check and it passed all the s2member requirement. Including this:
Pass[PASS] OpenSSL Extension With openssl_sign()
The OpenSSL extension is installed, and PHP function openssl_sign() is available.

I contacted my host server and they said it is supporting openssl as seen here:

http://www.classmeets.com/phpinfo.php

any help?

Posted: Wednesday Nov 7th, 2012 at 1:34 am #30852

guys please, I need to solve this issue. I just can’t get it to work.

Posted: Wednesday Nov 7th, 2012 at 8:52 am #30886

I’m not sure why you get that error if you have openssl_sign in your server. I emailed Jason asking what else could be happening. Can you send the site’s info in case Jason needs it to review your installation? s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Saturday Nov 10th, 2012 at 10:04 am #31221

This is my website. http://www.howtoblogtutorial.com. I am still on the process of developing the site. I just can’t get the s2member download to work.

Posted: Sunday Nov 11th, 2012 at 9:59 am #31248

I removed s3 Cloud and S3 integration and just used the protected s2 member files and it was downloading fine.

Do you think it has something to do with my s3 integration configurations? I am very sure that I did all the configurations correctly.

Posted: Sunday Nov 11th, 2012 at 10:05 am #31250

I have noticed that some of the guys in the forum are having the same issues as well. So it means that it has something to do the the plugin and not with the s3 configuration?

Posted: Monday Nov 12th, 2012 at 7:52 am #31291

Nathan, could you provide your site’s login info so it’s available to Jason when he gets to this ticket and tries to investigate your problem? s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Thanks!

Posted: Monday Nov 12th, 2012 at 7:57 pm #31393
Staff Member
Thanks for the heads up on this thread.
~ Investigating now.
Posted: Wednesday Nov 14th, 2012 at 9:11 pm #31646
Staff Member

Thanks for your patience.

I see that you’re hosted by HostGator. I’m not aware of any conflicts between HostGator and the openssl_sign() function. However, there have been some reports from other hosts that certain versions of PHP may fail to respond properly to calls made by the openssl_sign() function. So while the function may exist on your server (e.g. your server passes s2Member’s function test for openssl_sign), your server may not be responding properly. Or, perhaps it’s running a version of OpenSSL that is not compatible with your current version of PHP.

All of that being said, based on the reports you’ve given here; I suspect the underlying issue here is your PEM file.

Before you do anything else, I would double/triple check the value of this form field in your s2Member configuration.

FYI: When it comes to RSA-SHA1 signatures, s2Member will first try to use the shell_exec() function and issue a direct command line request to the openssl binary on your server. If that fails, only then will s2Member make an attempt to use openssl_sign(). So the fact that you’re getting this error on a Linux server at HostGator, would indicate to me that none of s2Member’s attempts are succeeding on your server. This would lead me to believe there might be a mistake in your form field entries for the s2Member CloudFront integration.

Please let us know if problems persist. Also, please fill out this private contact form if problems persist, so that we can run diagnostics on your server to determine the underlying issue. If it’s just a mistake in the CloudFront configuration, you should be able to solve that on your own.

s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Thursday Nov 15th, 2012 at 8:34 am #31674

Thank you very much Jason…

You are perfectly right!

Indeed the problem is with the Private Key. I reconfigured everything, and now everything is working fine.
Thank you very much guys. I really appreciate it.

Posted: Thursday Nov 15th, 2012 at 9:17 am #31684

That’s great, Nathan! Thanks for the update. :)

Posted: Thursday Nov 15th, 2012 at 9:30 am #31688

Thanks Cristian. :)

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.