latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Users on multisite

Home Forums Community Forum Users on multisite

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jan 14th, 2013 at 5:58 am #37338
Wawone
Username: Wawone

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jan 14th, 2013 at 9:02 am #37363

I’m having the same issue.

In my case, I would like to be able to share the users database, so that if someone registers for one site, they are registered on all the other sites…

Posted: Monday Jan 14th, 2013 at 9:57 am #37372
Staff Member

Thanks for reporting this important issue.

@ Erwan Maizy

s2Member does support this, however it appears this functionality is broken in WordPress v3.5, so we’re having this corrected now for the next maintenance release. Thanks for your reporting this!

If you don’t want to wait for the next maintenance release, please unzip and upload the attached file, allowing it to override your existing copy of: /s2member-pro/includes/classes/imports-in.inc.php

PATCH file: http://d1v41qemfjie0l.cloudfront.net/s2member/uploads/imports-in.inc_.php_.zip

Additional Details…

It’s possible to import new Users into a Child Blog where they do NOT exist yet (i.e. they’re not part of that Child Blog yet). In order to accomplish this, you MUST leave the “ID” column empty, telling s2Member to create a new User, and not update an existing User. I know this is confusing on a Network, because the User does exist, but they may NOT exist on a given Child Blog yet, so you will need to treat it as such (e.g. a new User).

How this is handled by s2Member’s importation routine…

If the User’s email address/username already exists on the Network elsewhere, s2Member will automatically detect this, and simply ADD the existing User to the Child Blog you’re working from (i.e. the Child Blog where you’re doing the importation). Just be sure to leave the “ID” column empty for this User in your import file.

"","johndoe","passsword","John","Doe","John Doe","johndoe@example.com"

Please let us know if problems persist :-)

Posted: Monday Jan 14th, 2013 at 10:01 am #37373
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

@ Joycellyn Akuffo

I’m sorry, but this is not possible with s2Member, or with WordPress alone that I’m aware of. Each Child Blog has Users that “belong” to that Child Blog. So while the database of Users is shared across all Child Blogs, each Child Blog has it’s own users associated with it, or not.

That being said, s2Member does support API Functions like current_user_can_for_blog(), so you might take a look here in the s2Member Codex to see if you can use one of these API Functions to your advantage.

See: http://www.s2member.com/codex/stable/s2member/api_functions/package-summary/
See also: http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/current_user_can_for_blog

Posted: Monday Jan 14th, 2013 at 11:24 am #37417

Hi Jason,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Is this something you could help with, and if so, what would the charge be?

Thanks

Posted: Monday Jan 14th, 2013 at 12:00 pm #37459
Wawone
Username: Wawone

Hi Jason,
It works! Many thanks for your help.
I still have a problem with importing users: after uploading users, I did not see all information about my clients in WordPress® -> Users. No trace of Address, zip code,..
Do you know what happened?
Thanks.

Posted: Monday Jan 14th, 2013 at 1:08 pm #37484
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up :-)

@ Erwan Maizy

Can you please show me an example of your import file? Maybe just one line or two. So I can see how you’re importing those custom Registration/Profile Fields. Also, please list the Registration/Profile Field IDs that you’re mapping that data to within s2Member.

See also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields
See also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Import/Export -› User/Member Importation

@ Joycellyn Akuffo

Oh thanks! I really wish I could. My schedule right now is crazy and I’m unable to accept any new projects at this time. If you will post a project for this on Elance.com though, I will point some of my developer friends to it for you. Please post a link to your Elance.com project here in the forum if you like :-)

Posted: Tuesday Jan 22nd, 2013 at 1:56 am #38893
jorge
Username: jorgitoz

@ Jason – I’m working on something similar to what @ Joycellyn Akuffo mentioned…

https://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/integrating-two-sites-with-s2member/

The code I have does register members on subdomains… the only thing I’m missing is transferring the s2member roles and ccaps to the child blogs…

Can you help with that?

Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 9:28 am #39406

Hi Jason,

We don;t use Elance, but use a very similar website called Peopleperhour.com, which I’ve posted the job on: http://www.peopleperhour.com/job/wordpress-developer-with-experience-or-know-how-of-s2member-209546

We really need to get this work done asap, so please let me know if your friends are interested.

Thanks

Posted: Friday Jan 25th, 2013 at 7:11 pm #39562
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up :-)

Great! It’s been forwarded to some friends of mine for review. If they are interested, they will response to your project request. NOTE: I would also post this at Elance.com, if possible; many developers that I know prefer to work from there :-)

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.