latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Welcome page title shows but no content????

Home Forums Community Forum Welcome page title shows but no content????

This topic contains 34 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Oct 19th, 2012 at 3:52 pm #29064
genie ladd
Username: gladd

Having problems since upgrading….

First – from login the welcome page is only the title, no content

Second – If I login with a members login, I am seeing different content (in the sidebar) than what I see when I login????? I don’t have a custom sidebar and am only using the default sidebar so I don’t see anywhere this information is pulling from????

It worked fine before I upgraded….

Going insane

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Oct 20th, 2012 at 12:56 am #29106
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Genie,

I’ve never heard of that issue before. Do you have any caching plugins installed? If so, I recommend clearing those. You might also try deactivating and reactivating the s2Member plugin (be sure to enable Deactivation Safeguards first: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Deactivation Safeguards).

Posted: Monday Oct 22nd, 2012 at 1:03 pm #29279
genie ladd

Hello again,

Ok, It did not work by the previous instructions…. I then deleted the plugin altogether. Reinstalled…but it is not working. It looks like the version I have is good but there is a link in the file that leads back to your old site.

Do you have a suggestion???

Pulling hair out…

Posted: Monday Oct 22nd, 2012 at 2:55 pm #29315
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Hi Genie,

What’s not working? Which previous instructions are you referring to? Do you have any caching plugins installed (e.g., WP Super Cache, or QuickCache, or W3 Total Cache)?

Also please download this Server Check Tool, upload the PHP file to your WordPress directory, and then load the URL to the file in your browser. It will run a bunch of tests to determine if there’s anything amiss on the server-side.

Posted: Monday Oct 22nd, 2012 at 6:59 pm #29345
genie ladd

Hello Raam,

I completely removed S2 Members from the server. Reinstalled and am getting the same results:

When a member logs in the content in the sidebar is different, the Welcome to the Members Area does not show correctly…

When I login everything is good.

I do not have any cacheing plugins installed and in fact have removed one at a time to see if that affected the performance…. No…

I will try the Server Check Tool and see if it makes a difference….

Back at you later…

Posted: Tuesday Oct 23rd, 2012 at 7:39 am #29387

Genie, could you send us the site’s info to take a look at your site’s settings, and try these things logged in and out? s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Thanks!

Posted: Tuesday Oct 23rd, 2012 at 4:17 pm #29449
genie ladd

Hi Cristian…

Any luck on this problem????

Genie

Posted: Tuesday Oct 23rd, 2012 at 5:14 pm #29456
genie ladd

Cristian, I did upload the Server Check Tool and ran it… all is good there…

Genie

Posted: Wednesday Oct 24th, 2012 at 7:29 am #29496

Thanks, got the info.

I just reviewed the site and I think I found what could be the problem. You have in the Welcome to the Members Area’s edit page, a box in the right sidebar that says “Membership Access” set to some restriction.

That’s not an s2Member setting, and may be conflicting with the Login Welcome Page’s normal behavior. I’m guessing that’s being added by the Premise plugin because that plugin added a Member Access entry to the left sidebar’s navigation.

About the sidebar for the user, I didn’t notice what you mention, probably didn’t find the right page to notice it, but it’s very likely the source of the problem is the same.

I hope that helps!

Posted: Wednesday Oct 24th, 2012 at 10:22 am #29517
genie ladd

Ok, I will have a look at that…. and will get back to you in just a little bit…

Thank you!

Posted: Wednesday Oct 24th, 2012 at 10:25 am #29518
genie ladd

Oh, before I go…. The sidebar issue, If you are logged in as an Admin all is good. It is when you login under a member that it changes. As a member the sidebar shows HOME COURSE INDEX WHOLE FOODS….. and I have no idea where that info is coming from. The sidebar should start with Pinterest Basics – then list the categories under Pinterest Basics….and so on…

Ok, off to have a look…. at least I feel as though I know where to look!

Genie

Posted: Wednesday Oct 24th, 2012 at 11:23 am #29522
genie ladd

Hello… I removed premise completely…. sidebar is still not working tho…. Any suggestions on where to look?

Posted: Wednesday Oct 24th, 2012 at 11:51 am #29523
genie ladd

Hi Cristian, I do want to mention that the sidebar that is showing when a Member is logged in is NOT a sidebar that has been created as a custom menu…????

Posted: Wednesday Oct 24th, 2012 at 12:13 pm #29525
genie ladd

Also, I changed the login (thinking that was part of the problem) to clickbank123 clickbank55 So use this new one if you need to look at the wrong sidebar…..

Thanks

Posted: Wednesday Oct 24th, 2012 at 12:26 pm #29527
genie ladd

Hello there….

I un-restricted all pages, post, categories, etc…. With that said, some post still show restricted????????

I don’t know what else I should completely clear to try to make this stuff work?????

Do you all not have phone support??????

Thanks,

Genie

Posted: Wednesday Oct 24th, 2012 at 1:09 pm #29532
genie ladd

I deleted the Course Index post and redid as a page…. still have the wrong sidebar. What am I not seeing????

Posted: Wednesday Oct 24th, 2012 at 1:23 pm #29533
genie ladd

Changed the sidebar location (from left to right) just in case it made a difference…. it did not.

Posted: Wednesday Oct 24th, 2012 at 3:21 pm #29573
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Hi Genie,

s2Member support is only provided through these support forums; there is no phone support. Please see our Support Policy for more information.

I read through your replies above, but I’m having trouble understanding the problem. From Cristian’s post I gather that you’re using several different plugins and possibly a special theme that adds lots of features.

My first recommendation is to disable all other plugins and switch to the default TwentyEleven theme to rule out any possible conflicts: Do you still have the problem? If so, could you please describe the problem for me?

Posted: Wednesday Oct 24th, 2012 at 3:30 pm #29577
genie ladd

I removed the plugin that was causing a conflict. In fact, I removed every plugin and the sidebar problem is still there. I have since added plugins, one at a time, and no change.

Everything is fine EXCEPT when a member is logged in, the content that is showing in the sidebar is completely wrong and I can not figure out where it could be coming from.

The content that is showing in the sidebar when I login is correct…..I removed the custom menus and rebuilt them…. no change. So… no matter what I do, a member is receiving wrong content and can not get to the course at all…

Thanks for taking a look at this.

Genie

Posted: Thursday Oct 25th, 2012 at 2:33 am #29611

I logged in with the new test user and noticed that the Login Welcome Page now has the content, so I guess removing Premise did the trick there.

About the sidebar, I went to the course index page while logged out, logged in as admin, and then logged in with test account, and it looked the same with each one. Looks like you sorted that one out as well?

Posted: Thursday Oct 25th, 2012 at 10:09 am #29642
genie ladd

No, it is completely wrong. When I am logged in as Admin it is fine…. What you are looking at is what I see when I login as a Member. I don’t have any idea where this info is pulling from and it was not like this before. This area worked fine when I was using the Free version and had many people test the site and tutorials to make sure it all worked. I have removed the custom menus and reinstalled and no matter what I do the Members see what you are showing above in the sidebar.

Posted: Thursday Oct 25th, 2012 at 11:07 am #29647
genie ladd

I have been going through everything on this site… This is just a thought… I completely removed S2 and reinstalled… Could the Encryption key have something to do with what is happening? At this point I really don’t know if I put in the key associated with the Free version or the Paid version????

Posted: Thursday Oct 25th, 2012 at 12:49 pm #29656
genie ladd

Ok… Tried a few new things… I created a new custom menu… works fine when I am logged in, does not work as a member.

I tried creating a link category (Pinterest Basics) instead of a custom menu and copied a post (how to Pin) works fine when I am logged in, does not work as a Member. It does not follow most links as a member…

Tired creating a category drop-down menu in sidebar… works fine with me logged in, not as a member…

Note: throwing computer out the window….

Do I need to remove S2 again without Safeguards enabled?????

Posted: Thursday Oct 25th, 2012 at 1:05 pm #29658
genie ladd

Also, when I do get a link to go somewhere…. it does not take me to the correct location, it takes me to Purchase the Course page….

Posted: Thursday Oct 25th, 2012 at 1:31 pm #29663
genie ladd

I had a member login using their member credentials (Jesse Butler)… she sees the same thing that I do when I am logged in as Joel at Clickbank. Then I had her log out and login under Admin (as me) and she sees what I see, which is correct. I went to Studio Press which is the Theme that I am using (I have built about 30 websites using Studio Press so I am not new to WordPress or Studio Press)…. This leads me to S2 – which I am new at and obviously don’t know it well enough to single out whatever this problem is…. I have run out of places to look at so hopefully you can pinpoint the problem. I have cancelled the webinars that I had set up for this weekend but I do need to get this up and working…. Please, please help me find the problem…

Posted: Thursday Oct 25th, 2012 at 5:23 pm #29704
genie ladd

Hello….

By looking at the time you post you must not be in the US. If there is a time that you work let me know and I will be up at that time. I have hit the end of the road by trying to figure this out. I use S2 on another site of mine (Free) version and it works fine. I am on day 9 on this problem…. I tried for several days before I contacted you all. Yes, removing Premises did solve all but the current issue (Nav bar wrong, and sidebar wrong).

I have tried to keep you informed of everything that I have tried to (hopefully) save you time as well.

Note: Hair has turned GREY….

thanks,

Genie

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.