latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Welcome page title shows but no content????

Home Forums Community Forum Welcome page title shows but no content????

This topic contains 34 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 2 months ago.

Page 2 Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Oct 26th, 2012 at 8:58 am #29769

Thanks for keeping us updated with what you try, that helps us too.

Did some tests and found what’s making the menus change for your user: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Alternative View Protection -> Nav Menus[/hilite]. The protected categories are being removed from the menus and only unprotected items are left.

I do see you’re having a weird behavior where the unproteted items seem to be repeated to make up for the removed ones, though. Do you have this happen with the default theme as well?

I’ll show this to Jason.

Posted: Friday Oct 26th, 2012 at 9:14 am #29774
Staff Member
Thanks for the heads up on this thread.
~ Investigating now (thanks for your patience).
Posted: Friday Oct 26th, 2012 at 11:12 am #29794
genie ladd
Username: gladd

Good Morning! First….. Thank you so very much for looking into this….

Second, everything works perfectly fine in theme default….

I don’t know about this alternative view protection area but I will go in a look at that right now!

NOTE: Closing the window so I don’t throw computer out….

Genie

Posted: Friday Oct 26th, 2012 at 11:25 am #29796
genie ladd

I had never been in the Alternative View Protection Area prior to this moment…. Thank you for that info. I have unchecked the item…. My guess is that this must have happened when I upgraded??? Not sure but…

Anyway, I will go in the site as a Member and see whats up..

Back to you soon,

Genie

Posted: Friday Oct 26th, 2012 at 11:32 am #29802
Staff Member

Investigation completed.

Cristian found a bug in the behavior of s2Member’s Alternative View Restrictions, associated with Category listings in custom menu widgets. This bug has been found and corrected in the development copy of the s2Member Framework, and a fix will go out in the next maintenance release. Thanks for reporting this important issue!

We’ve had the bug corrected on your installation, by uploading and allowing the new file to override the old version of: /wp-content/plugins/s2member/includes/classes/querys.inc.php

I’m attaching a copy of the patch file for others to use between and now the time of the next maintenance release: http://d1v41qemfjie0l.cloudfront.net/s2member/uploads/querys.inc_.php_.zip

Posted: Friday Oct 26th, 2012 at 11:38 am #29803
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up.

I had never been in the Alternative View Protection Area prior to this moment…. Thank you for that info. I have unchecked the item…. My guess is that this must have happened when I upgraded???

Yes, it may have happened during an upgrade… but only if you had selected the “all” option in the Dashboard at some point. Earlier verisons of s2Member did NOT include Nav Menus as an option here, but if you had “all” selected prior to upgrading, the “all” option having been selected prior, would result in the automatic inclusion of Nav Menus as well, which is a feature introduced in more recent versions of s2Member.

Very sorry for any confusion.

Posted: Friday Oct 26th, 2012 at 12:09 pm #29812
genie ladd

Hey Guys! I have been testing and it all seems to be working fine!!!!!!!!

I can’t thank you all enough!

Genie

Posted: Friday Oct 26th, 2012 at 1:45 pm #29842
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Thank you for the update, Genie! That’s great to hear! :)

Posted: Friday Oct 26th, 2012 at 3:23 pm #29861

I’m so glad, Genie! Thanks for the update and for helping us spot this problem. And Jason, thank you very much for fixing it so quick. :)

Viewing 9 replies - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.