latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Adding many members to s2Member, sort by date

Home Forums Community Forum Adding many members to s2Member, sort by date

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Rachel Ross 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Sep 27th, 2012 at 3:30 pm #26719

Hi there! Couple questions:

We’re using s2Member to manage a user database of about 2000 members. Where can we temporarily disable the restriction that only allows you to upload 100 rows at a time?

On an unrelated note, the member data we’re importing involves a “membership renewal” date. Is there a way to format this field so that it could be dynamic – i.e., sortable? Ideally it’d be easy to sort by membership renewal date, to see who needs to renew at what time.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Sep 28th, 2012 at 8:09 am #26831

Hi Rachel.

We’re using s2Member to manage a user database of about 2000 members. Where can we temporarily disable the restriction that only allows you to upload 100 rows at a time?

I’m emailing Jason, the developer, to find out how the limit can be removed. I’ll let you know when I hear back from him. :)

On an unrelated note, the member data we’re importing involves a “membership renewal” date. Is there a way to format this field so that it could be dynamic – i.e., sortable? Ideally it’d be easy to sort by membership renewal date, to see who needs to renew at what time.

You mean in the Users list? [hilite path]Dashboard -> Users[/hilite]

I’m afraid that’s not available in the interface yet, but we’ve added it to the feature requests list and we plan to improve users listing a lot in the future.

Posted: Friday Sep 28th, 2012 at 10:15 am #26841

Thank you! Looking forward to hearing back. I love the plugin so far; it saves a ton of development time.

Posted: Saturday Sep 29th, 2012 at 6:51 am #26928

Thanks for the kudos! I’m glad it’s helping you. :)

Posted: Monday Oct 1st, 2012 at 11:05 am #27078

No problem :)

Any news back from the devs about removing the upload limit?

Posted: Tuesday Oct 2nd, 2012 at 6:35 am #27192

I haven’t heard back from him yet.

Question: have you tried importing more than 100 users at a time? I just looked at the code for importing users and I’m not sure if that’s actually a limit in the code or a recommendation to avoid timeouts. I don’t have a long list of users to test this with, or I’d do it for you. Please test it and let me know how it went.

Also, it may help to raise the memory limit in WordPress. http://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

Posted: Thursday Oct 4th, 2012 at 12:11 am #27389
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread.

The recommended limit of 100 users per importation process, is designed to eliminate the possibly of a partial and/or corrupted importation from occurring on many hosting platforms that limit PHP scripts to X amount of memory, and to X amount of time. Since there are multiple database queries performed upon the import of each user/member, it’s good to break your importation files apart into 100 or fewer, and run the importation with up to 100 each time. This will eliminate issues that can be far more problematic that the time it takes to break the import files apart, in our humble opinion.

All of that being said, you’re certainly welcome to go beyond this recommended limit. There’s nothing in the software that would prevent you from uploading 2K users all at once if you prefer (so long as you feel your server can support this for you).

Regarding your comment here:

dynamic – i.e., sortable? Ideally it’d be easy to sort by membership renewal date, to see who needs to renew at what time.

I’ll accept this as a feature request. There’s nothing in the software to enable this in the current release.

Posted: Thursday Oct 4th, 2012 at 12:19 pm #27454

Thanks Jason! I’ll just increase the memory allotment and timeout times in WordPress and we should be good to go.

As for the date feature, it would be fantastic – right now our client is stuck routing through a csv to see whose membership is coming due. If we manage to tweak the plugin to allow this I’ll send the code your way :)

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.