latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Admin js/css not loading

Home Forums Community Forum Admin js/css not loading

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Apr 1st, 2013 at 11:58 pm #46335

So I have seem some posts but for the life of me the solutions are not documented or it is something else.

So I installed S2 on our beta site and it works great. Purchased and installed on our identical production site and the accordion buttons in the admin area dont work. See screenshot here: http://puu.sh/2sjse can’t do certain things if the js and css for the admin area dont load.

This css call
http://www.gamebreaker.tv/?ws_plugin__s2member_menu_pages_css=1438674191&ver=130221-810316572

and this js call
http://www.gamebreaker.tv/?ws_plugin__s2member_menu_pages_js=1066244181&ver=130221-810316572

load in the header when I view source in the admin area.

They dont seem to be loading in the production site but they load in the beta site. When i say load I mean I can click those links and there will be code for js and css that comes up. When I click to see on the production site it just directs to the homepage.

I have tried changing the theme on the production site, I have removed all plugins and just left S2 running but all to no avail. Is there something with these paths that is causing an issue?

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/?ws_plugin__s2member_menu_pages_css=743494218&ver=130221-810316572 seems to not be pulling back the necessary data…

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Apr 2nd, 2013 at 9:08 am #46375

Hi Gary.

Could you try these? Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

If you can’t find the problem with those, please submit your site’s info so I can take a look. Let me if you send it. s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Tuesday Apr 2nd, 2013 at 10:32 am #46386

Sending private contact now.

FYI I have the plugin disabled as I got a call from our editor saying all the authors couldnt’ log in today. It was saying user attempted too many times and they were blocked for 30 minutes. I turned off the plugin and they could all login. So another issue. but I couldnt’ even try to fix it because all the admin areas was borked.

you can email me as well richard@gamebreaker.tv and I can shoot you my phone if needed. We would love to use this product if we can get it working correctly.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 2nd, 2013 at 11:33 am #46391

And yes per my first note I tried all the steps of changing theme, plugins etc.

Posted: Wednesday Apr 3rd, 2013 at 6:54 am #46454

FYI I have the plugin disabled as I got a call from our editor saying all the authors couldnt’ log in today. It was saying user attempted too many times and they were blocked for 30 minutes. I turned off the plugin and they could all login. So another issue. but I couldnt’ even try to fix it because all the admin areas was borked.

That may have been the Brute Force protection, or maybe the Unique IPs one.
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Brute Force IP/Login Restrictions[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Unique IP Access Restrictions[/hilite]

Are the authors all sharing the same account or did they all forget their passwords and were trying to login guessing it? :)

And yes per my first note I tried all the steps of changing theme, plugins etc.

I see you have 31 plugins active, did you deactivate them all in your tests? If you can’t do that in that installation, you can create a separate WP installation with just s2Member for your test and then add the other plugins one by one, checking after each if it causes the problem.

By the way, I noticed that you have W3 Total Cache, make sure you don’t enable database or object caching, they’re known to cause trouble.

Posted: Wednesday Apr 3rd, 2013 at 10:19 am #46467

Authors are not sharing same accounts, not authors didn’t all of a sudden forget all their logins :) they just all got that message at once when I installed the plugin for S2 (we are talking 10 authors all at once). When I turned it off they could all login. With the admin area not working correctly I can’t change those settings you recommend Christian (the buttons dont seem to work correctly for resetting brute force etc). If we can figure out the issue of the css/js in the admin not loading maybe I can try that.

Yes as I said I turned all plugins completely off for testing late at night to have little impact on visitors (also all the same plugin are in our Beta Site and S2 works fine there). I turned all plugins off except S2 and I also changed themes to the standard WP themes as well.

For W3 total cached DB caching is on. I turned that off and reactivated the S2 plugin. So far authors seem to be able to login, however the admin area still is not loading those links for css and js.

I have the S2 plugin activated now if you want to log back in and see what it looks like and view source on the admin side.

Posted: Wednesday Apr 3rd, 2013 at 10:40 pm #46562

Any ideas?

Again when I view source these files are in the code but they dont load any data when I click them they just load my homepage. When I click the same links from view source in our Beta site they load up the js and css code. is there anyway to hardcode these querystring link to the actual js files?

This css call
http://www.gamebreaker.tv/?ws_plugin__s2member_menu_pages_css=1438674191&ver=130221-810316572

and this js call
http://www.gamebreaker.tv/?ws_plugin__s2member_menu_pages_js=1066244181&ver=130221-810316572

load in the header when I view source in the admin area.

Posted: Thursday Apr 4th, 2013 at 5:19 pm #46633

Ok so here is an update. Our network/site admin we have on retainer fixed the issue. It has to do with Varnish which is our cacheing software on the server. Because you are calling the JS and CSSS via the homepage via a querystring the cached page was returning and not the querystring information that is should return.

He commented that this was really a funky way of doing things btw :)
http://www.domain.tv/?ws_plugin__s2member_menu_pages_css=1438674191&ver=130221-810316572
would be much better if called to an actual dedicated file. Also something you should put in your documentation that other cache software can cause issues. Many sites need cache solutions… you might want to consider adjusting the plugin to work with cache systems instead of against it. Just a thought

Hope this helps anyone using a cache system like Varnish.

Posted: Friday Apr 5th, 2013 at 8:10 am #46685

Thanks for the update, Gary. I’m glad you found the issue. :)

Yes, we try to have no problems with caching, but some setups need a little tweaking. This is the first time someone reports a problem like the one you were having with Varnish. If someone has a similar issue in the future, I’ll try to remember this thread.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.