latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

bbpress 2.2.4 integration ?

Home Forums Community Forum bbpress 2.2.4 integration ?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Feb 3rd, 2013 at 9:57 am #40553

Hi there,

i am searching a stable Member management Plugin for WordPress and i am interested in s2Members pro. I got a few questions though before buying:

I saw the video tutorial about the integration with bbPress but then i also saw the Post here on the forum where someone wrote you should not upgrade bbPress to 2.2. Is the integration with bbPress current version 2.2.4 still that smooth and easy as in your video tutorial?

I want the Forum bbPress only visible for registered users. Non registered users should not even see the Forum in the navigation. Is that possible with s2Members ?

If yes i want to ask if it is a single login ? Means when i register with s2Members that i dont have to register on the Forum bbPress again..

Thanks for the Asnwers
tred

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Feb 4th, 2013 at 2:42 am #40586

I’m not much help here, but I’m interested in the response as well.

Posted: Monday Feb 4th, 2013 at 10:17 am #40733
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

I saw the video tutorial about the integration with bbPress but then i also saw the Post here on the forum where someone wrote you should not upgrade bbPress to 2.2. Is the integration with bbPress current version 2.2.4 still that smooth and easy as in your video tutorial?

Yes, s2Member v130203 (the latest release) is compatible with bbPress v2.2.4 (the latest release).

Please see this KB article which includes a tab that details the Roles/Capabilities applied when bbPress is running in concert with s2Member®.

See: Knowledge Base » s2Member® Roles/Capabilities

The latest release of s2Member® is actually easier to integrate than what you saw in the video, because the latest release does NOT require any bridges or other plugins. Just install s2Member® and bbPress together and you’re good. Visit this page in your Dasbhoard for further details please.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Other Integrations -› bbPress®

I want the Forum bbPress only visible for registered users. Non registered users should not even see the Forum in the navigation. Is that possible with s2Members ?

To control navigation menu visibility, I recommend that you install the Menu Items Visibility Control plugin. Please find it listed on this page. See: Knowledge Base » Plugins/Themes (Compatibility w/ s2Member®)

If yes i want to ask if it is a single login ? Means when i register with s2Members that i dont have to register on the Forum bbPress again..

Absolutely. They log into your WordPress® installation and they’re logged into your forums too. This is bbPress v2.2.4 that we’re running here at s2Member.com. You are correct, Users/Members only login one time.

Please let us know if you have any other questions/concerns :-)

Posted: Monday Feb 4th, 2013 at 11:22 am #40736

Thank you very much for you answers!

That helped a lot. May i ask if s2Member is working that seamless also with any other Forums?

Thanks!

tred

Posted: Monday Feb 4th, 2013 at 2:25 pm #40766
Staff Member

Thanks for your reply :-)

We’ve only integrated with bbPress. However, I’ve heard that SimplePress does just fine with s2Member®. Although I have to admit, I have not tested this together with the latest release of s2Member yet.

See: http://simple-press.com/

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.