latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Buddypress URL Restriction Trouble

Home Forums Community Forum Buddypress URL Restriction Trouble

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jul 22nd, 2012 at 2:54 pm #19944

Hey I am having some trouble, I need to allow access to profiles but restrict the main /members from showing to level 0 subscribers. This is causing a conflict I think due to the url having “members” in it

/members/username/profile/

my site is like this

http://www.sitename.com/members

you see this does not have a trailing slash though.. I tried adding without it and it still did not work.

How can I make this work?

Right now I have this set like this:

URIs That Require Level #0 Or Higher:

/members/%%current_user_login%%/profile/
/members/%%current_user_login%%/settings/

URIs That Require Level #1 Or Higher:

/members
/members/%%current_user_login%%/activity/
/members/%%current_user_login%%/messages/
/members/%%current_user_login%%/friends/

• This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  Eduan. Reason: Moved to the customer support forums

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jul 24th, 2012 at 8:53 am #20063
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Robert,

Yes I believe that’s the problem, because s2Member is trying to restrict specific pages for level 0, but then comes level 1, which tells it to block over the level 0 (because it’s more global).

I haven’t played with BuddyPress, so I’m not sure what a work-around for this could be.

Hope this clears something up, and I’m sorry I couldn’t help that much.

Posted: Thursday Aug 2nd, 2012 at 7:32 am #20994

Hi Robert.

[hilite code]%%current_user_login%%[/hilite] won’t be in your URL, and the URI restriction doesn’t support replacement codes.

If you restrict [hilite code]/members[/hilite], you’re restricting all the others, though, so why don’t you try just that line? If you still want to specify the others, do:

Level 0+

/profile/
/settings/

Level 1+

/activity/
/messages/
/friends/

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.