latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Cache Needs Updating Error

Home Forums Community Forum Cache Needs Updating Error

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Feb 9th, 2013 at 1:46 pm #41260

Hi!

Just wanted to add this problem I encountered on my GoDaddy web hosting. I was just wondering if this problem is also due of my provider or just some error from something I might have done wrong. Please correct me! I read all the related article problems, but just to be on the right side of things to be more clarified. I don’t have no idea what Godaddy is using for apache, but it will be silly of them to use the old version 1.0 on their new 4 generation of servers. I’m using WordPress 3.5.1 and the latest version of S2Member (as of this v130207). I disabled most plugins but nothing is happening. I got wp-debug to true just so I could see these problems. I do not use any caching plugin just for the record. I’ve increased my php memory to 128mb, though godaddy uses up to 256mb. Any suggestions please help!

Notice: Undefined variable: cache_needs_updating in /home/content/S/u/p/SuperClubRadio/html/wp-content/plugins/s2member/includes/classes/cache.inc.php on line 97

Notice: has_cap was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.0! Usage of user levels by plugins and themes is deprecated. Use roles and capabilities instead. in /home/content/S/u/p/SuperClubRadio/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2923

I get this error when trying to update a page post in the editor.

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/S/u/p/SuperClubRadio/html/wp-content/plugins/s2member/includes/classes/cache.inc.php:97) in /home/content/S/u/p/SuperClubRadio/html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 876

In some parts of the s2member i get these inside.

Post Level Access Restrictions ( optional )
Notice: Undefined index: wp_show_ids in /home/content/S/u/p/SuperClubRadio/html/wp-content/plugins/s2member/includes/menu-pages/res-ops.inc.php on line 59

Page Level Access Restrictions ( optional )
Notice: Undefined index: wp_show_ids in /home/content/S/u/p/SuperClubRadio/html/wp-content/plugins/s2member/includes/menu-pages/res-ops.inc.php on line 106

Category Level Access Restrictions ( optional )
Notice: Undefined index: wp_show_ids in /home/content/S/u/p/SuperClubRadio/html/wp-content/plugins/s2member/includes/menu-pages/res-ops.inc.php on line 196

Specific Post/Page Access Restrictions ( optional )
Notice: Undefined index: wp_show_ids in /home/content/S/u/p/SuperClubRadio/html/wp-content/plugins/s2member/includes/menu-pages/res-ops.inc.php on line 339

Within Posts/Pages directory in the dashboard i get this error also
Notice: Undefined variable: req in /home/content/S/u/p/SuperClubRadio/html/wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/includes/classes/lock-icons-in.inc.php on line 155

:-(

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Feb 11th, 2013 at 5:48 pm #41425
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

We are aware that s2Member currently throws these Notices/Warnings with WP_DEBUG enabled. This is an issue we are hoping to fix in the next major version of s2Member. In the meantime s2Member works just fine, but is not compatible with WP_DEBUG, and because s2Member already works just fine, we are wary of editing the working code to work with WP_DEBUG, which is NOT activated by default.

Please remove the following line from your wp-config.php file:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Please let us know if problems persist. :-)

Posted: Monday Feb 11th, 2013 at 9:08 pm #41485

ok i removed the line. works ok on that. But ever since i activated s2member i notice i get 500 internal server error when using part of my Page Options in my Pagelines framework. I don’t want to disable that otherwise i will loose all my settings and hard work. so where do i get support for this here? or pagelines? or maybe something is wrong with godaddy. that is why i had to put wp-debug to on but didn’t get to see anything. didn’t help much! i’m trying to build a custom framework site with wordpress using membership for my online radio site. it looks great as a site and all, but wished if there was a way to resolve this problem. Any suggestions?!

Posted: Thursday Feb 14th, 2013 at 12:09 am #41655
Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for the follow-up. We appreciate your patience.

Could you please run this Server Check Tool? It sounds like you may have a memory issue.

See This Article for info on running the Server Check Tool:

Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Posted: Thursday Feb 14th, 2013 at 12:33 am #41656

No issues. Your server configuration looks great! Tested it after of course updated to the latest version (v130213). No issues were found. Memory I’ve done this a few weeks ago from the default 40MB to 128MB, although the server uses up to 256MB. Looks like whenever i use the Page Options even now for pagelines framework still problem persists, but nothing shown on the output again. This might be a bug on pagelines site! Any other suggestions if possible?! I’ll try it on localhost see any difference that might appear on the debug site or i’ll enable the debug on s2member just for this case. Thanks anyway and if there isn’t anything here I’ll ask the guys on pagelines support. Just hope this issue will be fixed on both sites! :-)

Posted: Friday Feb 15th, 2013 at 6:29 pm #41905
Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up.

Looks like whenever i use the Page Options even now for pagelines framework still problem persists, but nothing shown on the output again. This might be a bug on pagelines site! Any other suggestions if possible?!

Another known cause of cases like this is Mo Security. You might check the following Knowledge Base Article:

Knowledge Base » Mod Security, Random 503/403 Errors

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.