latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

CCBill custom buttons

Home Forums Community Forum CCBill custom buttons

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jun 13th, 2013 at 2:51 am #51850
Toyas
Username: Toyas

Hi! We have a custom Membership Options Page and custom buttons. We set up CCBill options and CCBill button. Hopefully last few issues arise for us and you can help us correct them. Please address each of theses points:

WordPress® Shortcode: (recommended for both the WordPress® Visual & HTML Editors)

1. How can we create custom buttons if our website is built in HTML/PHP?

Details: we have custom graphics for buttons and we need these graphics to work as buttons (when clicked it sends user to CCBill payment form).

2. How can we use our own button graphics with generated shotcodes?

Details: We need to link our graphics with the shortcode, so they will become one.

3. Dynamic pricing – is it possible that custom button with price defined in shortcode will send user to CCBill Payment Form where they can choose more than one membership option?

Details: We don’t want to confuse users with tons of buttons. Ideally we have 3 buttons, one for credit card, one for check and one for Direct Pay EU. Upon clicking one of these payment methods user is presented with CCBill Payment Form where he/she can choose one of 3 membership options (1 month, 3 months and 1 year) and complete purchase.
Is this possible? We assume that CCBill handles payments and price points and what s2member needs after successful purchase is active member details and length of membership.

If you’re using dynamic pricing you don’t need to create any more prices in the admin panel, they will just be defined in the form linking code.

The way it’s set up now, we would need 3×3= 9 buttons instead of 3! That can’t be right. Source of our confusion comes from CCBill’s implementation reply above. I created forms where client could select 3 different membership options, but it wasn’t tested. Then I asked CCBill to remove username and password from my forms (as described in s2member), but at the same time they removed my 3 different pricing points from all forms.

Many thanks for your help!

RE: 3

I got an answer from CCBill about dynamic pricing and now we know it can’t be used the way we want it. We might try use s2 Vars as suggested here http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/ccbill-buttons-and-payment-methodes/ and see how it goes.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jun 14th, 2013 at 5:38 am #51930
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

How can we use our own button graphics with generated shotcodes?

Details: We need to link our graphics with the shortcode, so they will become one.

CCBill buttons come with an image attribute. You can change the image that’s displayed that way.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained)

Posted: Friday Jun 14th, 2013 at 8:02 am #51956
Toyas

Thanks Bruce. I was not clear enough, let me explain.

UPDATE TO FIRST POINT:

I forgot to say, that our Membership Options Page has custom template. Because of that we are unable to paste button shortcode (From s2member -> ccBill Buttons -> ccBill Buttons For Level #1 Access) in our Membership Options Page through “WordPress® Visual & HTML Editors”. Can we paste this button directly in HTML or PHP?

Best Regards,

Posted: Saturday Jun 15th, 2013 at 9:45 am #51999
Bruce
Staff Member

Sorry for the confusion. If you’re using PHP in your template, you can call a Shortcode with WordPress’s do_shortcode() function. You have to generate your links with the Shortcode to get it to work correctly.

See: http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/do_shortcode

Posted: Monday Jun 17th, 2013 at 4:52 am #52027
Toyas

Thank you Bruce!

We are trying to use CCBill buttons on our site in order to offer 3 different pricing options with regional pricing in one form (customer can choose 30, 90 and 365 days membership) – this is our main goal. After receiving feedback from you guys, I informed their implementation team about s2_vars (s2member -> CCBill Buttons -> s2_Vars). CCBill’s marchant services engineer replied:

Thank you for the update. What we’ll do is keep 3cc on dynamic since it’s built in, and I made separate static links for online checked / eurodebit / directpay.

The only thing in the links is that you may need to find a way to code in the customer IP address, right now it is just ours.

3cc form with dynamic pricing is for credit card that I put there (s2Member® Pro -> ccBill® Options -> Account Details). I understand that 3cc form with dynamic pricing has to stay there as it is required by s2member, but we do not have to use it if we had another credit card button form from CCBill.

Is there a way to code in the customer IP address to CCBill button? Please find Online Checking and EuroDebit button below for reference. Unfortunately form that it links to doesn’t allow customer to select one of 3 membership options (30, 90 and 365 days), but I figure it’s just a matter of using different form linked in the button. I did that before we started to experiment with dynamic pricing.

We hope you can assist us with this. Thank you very much.

https://bill.ccbill.com/jpost/signup.cgi?clientAccnum=946002&clientSubacc=0000&formName=3ck&language=English&allowedCurrencies=840,978&allowedTypes=0000005945:840,0000005945:978&subscriptionTypeId=0000005945:840,0000005945:978&s2_p1=30+D&s2_p3=1+M&s2_desc=Bronze+Member+%2F+description+and+pricing+details+here.&s2_invoice=1&s2_custom=www.toyasexomix.com&s2_customer_ip=64.38.194.13&s2_referencing=3

Posted: Tuesday Jun 18th, 2013 at 4:25 am #52075
Toyas

We are trying to use CCBill buttons after Cristián suggested it just might work in this topic http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/ccbill-buttons-and-payment-methodes/.

The buttons created over at ccBill will lack some variables that s2Member needs. See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill® Buttons -› s2 Vars (Explained)

You could try creating the link over at ccBill and then adding the required s2 vars and test if it works.

Keep logging enabled to help you see if things are working correctly. Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Log Files (Debug) -› Logging Configuration

Posted: Friday Jun 21st, 2013 at 5:57 am #52317
Bruce
Staff Member

Sorry about the delay!

Is there a way to code in the customer IP address to CCBill button? Please find Online Checking and EuroDebit button below for reference. Unfortunately form that it links to doesn’t allow customer to select one of 3 membership options (30, 90 and 365 days), but I figure it’s just a matter of using different form linked in the button. I did that before we started to experiment with dynamic pricing.

I’m afraid I’m not very experienced with altering ccBill Buttons as you’re looking to do. ccBill is not a very popular gateway with s2Member and I haven’t heard of using the buttons this way in the past. I can tell you that if you’re wanting to get the User’s IP into your buttons, you’d edit this file, using the information provided in this article:

Pre Sale FAQs » Is it possible to modify s2Member® Pro Form templates?

/s2member-pro/includes/templates/buttons/ccbill-checkout-button.php

You mentioned having dynamic pricing. To do this you’ll have to pass variables through the shortcode. This article goes over this more for PayPal, but it can be adopted to work with ccBill as well:

Knowledge Base » Using Variables In A Shortcode

Posted: Friday Jun 21st, 2013 at 6:22 am #52319
Toyas

Thanks Bruce. We tested Dynamic Pricing and it’s working brilliant with s2member shortcodes, so we will go this road. It would be great if s2member could work with CCBill buttons and Regional Pricing in the future. I also heard you are working to implement Verotel Payment Processors – that would make this software very popular for business dealing with high risk transactions.

All the best!

Posted: Friday Jun 21st, 2013 at 6:32 am #52323
Bruce
Staff Member

It would be great if s2member could work with CCBill buttons and Regional Pricing in the future

I’ve brought this up with our development team. I’d say that this would be pretty unlikely to happen any time soon. We will continue to support the current integration with ccBill but we’re not looking to expand that integration, and instead move onto more flexible solutions like Stripe. It’s not totally written-off, but unlikely.

I also heard you are working to implement Verotel Payment Processors – that would make this software very popular for business dealing with high risk transactions.

I agree. I’m not completely sure if this integration is still being done but I can tell you that in the next major release of s2Member (a rewrite), we will be working on extending the ability to integrate other payment gateways and make it easier to integrate any payment gateway you need.

Thanks!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.