latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

ccBill Subscription Upgrade Button

Home Forums Community Forum ccBill Subscription Upgrade Button

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Some Dude 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jan 10th, 2013 at 3:51 pm #36883
Some Dude
Username: amilgrom

Is there a shortcode to create a subscription upgrade button?

I want offer two subscription levels and would like to offer the ability to allow users in the lower level to upgrade to the higher level.

ccBill has some documentation at these links below:
http://www.ccbill.com/cs/manuals/CCBill_Subscription_Upgrade_Users_Guide.pdf
http://www.ccbill.com/cs/manuals/CCBill_Subscription_Upgrade_Addendum_Dynamic_Upgrades.pdf

This seems to give me enough info to be able to create an upgrade button using PHP, but I can’t see how the S2Member plugin would get notified of the upgrade.

Please let me know what I can do to get this setup.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jan 11th, 2013 at 2:54 pm #37030
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello there,

s2Member already comes integrated with upgrade buttons (called modification buttons). Check under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill® Buttons -› Subscr. Modification/Cancellation Buttons for more information.

– Eduan

Posted: Friday Jan 11th, 2013 at 5:45 pm #37042
Some Dude

Hi Eduan,

I already checked that out, but with ccBill it only seems to allow for Cancellations.

According to ccBill the upgrade functionality works differently. It requires variables to be passed to their form that identifies the specifications of the upgrade. Apparently they need to review it as well first before they will enable this feature for the account.

Posted: Sunday Jan 13th, 2013 at 3:08 am #37214
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry.

~ We appreciate your patience :-)

s2Member is currently NOT integrated with this aspect of ccBill. We suggest that you cancel any existing subscription, and ask the customer to signup for a new one instead. As you mentioned, this functionality is not on by default with a ccBill account, and we’ve had several issues when trying to integrate s2Member successfully with ccBill upgrade forms. This might be possible in a future release, but I don’t see that happening anytime real soon unfortunately.

It’s certainly possible with:
PayPal Standard
PayPal Pro
Authorize.Net

Posted: Monday Jan 14th, 2013 at 5:57 pm #37538
Some Dude

Hi Jason,

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me on this.

Unfortunately having the member cancel and subscribe again doesn’t work very well because CCBill will only allow one subscription per site. So they would have to wait until their subscription expires.

I’m pretty sure I can build this HTML form with a few PHP variables. It doesn’t look like it should be too difficult, but you never know with CCBill.

Can you please let me know what fields S2Member would require for the post back to properly update their member level? For example if someone is upgrading from level 1 to level 2, would it be something like this below?

<input type=”hidden” name=”s2_invoice” value=”2”>
<input type=”hidden” name=”s2_referencing” value="'.$clientaccount.'">
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.