latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

ccbill test transaction

Home Forums Community Forum ccbill test transaction

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jan 23rd, 2013 at 5:58 pm #39242
Bear bb
Username: bearbb

Hello,

I tired to make ccbill to work with s2member under my site. I made a test transaction, every look good, I got the email confirmation….. but it seems there is one thing missing. I can’t see the username that I tested show in the s2member user db.

Does ccbill test transaction actually add the test user to the user db? If yes, is there any possible reason why the username is not being added to the db?

Thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jan 25th, 2013 at 1:19 pm #39522
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank-you for reporting this important issue.

Does ccbill test transaction actually add the test user to the user db? If yes, is there any possible reason why the username is not being added to the db?

You should have received a registration link after you completed checkout to sign up, and then be sent to register at /wp-login.php?action=register. Did you complete this step?

If you did, were you able to log in with the info you provided in this step?

Posted: Monday Jan 28th, 2013 at 2:47 pm #39782
Bear bb

Hello,

I didn’t go to that page (/wp-login.php?action=register). Is there any setting I need to change?

Actually, I am still not sure how the process work.

user sign up –> /wp-login.php?action=register –> login

Is it the correct process?

But I also let user to choose their username and password at the ccbill sign up page. Should I disable that if the script will redirect user to /wp-login.php?action=register ?

One more question, if someone know the url and go to /wp-login.php?action=register , can they register as a user?

Posted: Monday Jan 28th, 2013 at 2:50 pm #39783
Bear bb

I posted another questoin here: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/ccbill-registration-question/?qcAC=1#post-39529

It’s pretty similar may be we can combine them here.

Email link? I got even more confuse. So will the redirect user to /wp-login.php?action=register after sign up Or they need to check their email to see the register link?

Posted: Thursday Jan 31st, 2013 at 6:38 am #40088
Staff Member

It sounds like you have User Management enabled on the ccBill side of things. Please review this section of your Dashboard and confirm for us that you’ve completed all of the ccBill integration steps succesfully.

Please see: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill® Options

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill® Options -› Account Details
*Important* User Management needs to be turned off in your ccBill® account. s2Member’s integration with ccBill® does NOT require ccBill® to manage Usernames/Passwords. Instead, s2Member needs to be given exclusive permission to handle this for you. In your ccBill® account, see: Account Admin -> User Management. Turn this off, and choose: Do NOT collect Usernames/Passwords. You will also want to remove Username/Password references in the APPROVAL Email Receipt configured in your ccBill® account. In your ccBill® account, see: Account Admin -> Custom Emails.
Posted: Thursday Jan 31st, 2013 at 4:36 pm #40201
Bear bb

Hello,

I turn off user management and do not collect useranme and password.

After I made a test signup, it show me a page which contain my subscription id and URL http://mysite/?s2member_pro_ccbill_return=1

Then it redirect to a page saying:

Thank you! ( you MUST check your email before proceeding ).

* Note: It can take ( up to 15 minutes ) for Email Confirmation with important details. If you don’t receive email confirmation in the next 15 minutes, please contact Support.

I didn’t got any email. There is no page to let me choose my username and password. So that’s why I just confuse how people can register my site.

Thanks.

Posted: Saturday Feb 2nd, 2013 at 8:02 am #40402
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up :-)

I see. Thank you for explaining.

It sounds like something is still missing in your integration with ccBill. I will need to see your s2Member log files for ccBill please. Please enable logging here, and then run another test transaction.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill® Options -› Account Details -› Logging

Please submit your log files privately using this contact form and we’ll review them for you.
See: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Tuesday Feb 5th, 2013 at 4:34 am #40829
Bear bb

Thanks. I just submitted the info.

Posted: Thursday Feb 7th, 2013 at 5:47 pm #41081
Staff Member

Thanks for your reply :-)

I’m sorry, we have not received anything on our end yet. Since I still don’t have the details, can you please send them again? Please use this private contact form. See: s2Member® » Private Contact Form. We’ll take a look as soon as we receive them.

Posted: Friday Feb 8th, 2013 at 3:12 am #41179
Bear bb

I just checked it again. It seems I did receive the email. But it’s in spam folder.

Is it possible to let user register once they complete the signup rather then using the email link? I think a lot of people will have the same problem like me. Thanks.

Posted: Monday Feb 11th, 2013 at 6:09 pm #41433
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up :-)

It is possible with every other gateway integration that s2Member® supports, but not with ccBill unfortunately. ccBill does not send s2Member® any data via Auto-Return handlers, so s2Member® must wait for the communication behind-the-scene via ccBill IPN (e.g. a Background Post). When those details arrive (normally in just a few seconds) post-processing of the transaction is completed and an email is sent to the customer.

One thing that may help, is to configure your WordPress® installation to use an external SMTP server to send mail. For instance, the Amazon SES service, or even a Google Apps account can be used to send mail instead of your server. This will improve your email deliverability rate dramatically in most cases.

See: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-mail-smtp/

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.