latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Content Dripping + User Management

Home Forums Community Forum Content Dripping + User Management

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Mar 20th, 2012 at 2:52 pm #8640
Mike Y
Username: canuck

So I did some searching through the forums already and saw that you guys are working on some major upgrades to the content dripping system in the next update.

I’m putting together a site right now and I was curious if it’s possible to create a ‘drip feed’ page within s2Member? For example: instead of pages being ‘unlocked’ there would just be a blog-type feed on main page and new posts would show up as things were released.

And in the current drip feed implementation, if I want to create a new user who has access to all of the current paid content can I easily modify their payment date? Like if I want to bump someone up from seeing 30 days of content to 60 days, can I easily push their purchase date back a bit? I guess I could just edit the entry in the database, but would that then screw-up the ongoing payments or other features?

Random question I know, but any help would be great :)

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Mar 21st, 2012 at 1:54 am #8685

In the coming major release, not the next update, there may still be some more to the current s2Member before the major one happens.

About the question, I suggest that rather than editing the user’s payment time, you instead give those users a new custom capability and add that to the conditionals that drip the content.
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Custom Capabilities[/hilite]

Yes, you can create a feed that keeps showing new drips as time goes on, you’d just have one conditional after the next in the same page, checking for the user’s access and payment time, or days since.

Does that help? :)

Posted: Wednesday Mar 21st, 2012 at 1:58 am #8687
Mike Y

Yep, thanks Cristián!

Do you have any examples of this perhaps? I have some php chops, but nothing amazing :P

Posted: Wednesday Mar 21st, 2012 at 2:08 am #8690

Cool. :)

Well, there are some examples in the Content Dripping panel.
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Content Dripping[/hilite]

Just combine conditions in your code before showing a particular drip.
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Advanced PHP Conditionals[/hilite]

E.g.

[hilite pre_code]
= 30)){ ?>
Content for day 30 or later.

[/hilite]

Does it help?

Posted: Wednesday Mar 21st, 2012 at 2:12 am #8692
Mike Y

Yep, got it! Will be picking up an unlimited license this week.

Worst case I’ll grab some developer friends to help :)

Thanks again!

Posted: Wednesday Mar 21st, 2012 at 2:33 am #8697

Great! Glad I could help.

Thanks for the support! Let us know if you need help. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.