latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Custom email parser for Aweber Name Field

Home Forums Community Forum Custom email parser for Aweber Name Field

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Yanner11 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Feb 12th, 2013 at 7:18 am #41548
Yanner11
Username: yanner11

Hi, I just created a custom email parser for Aweber integration. Everything is working (thank goodness), as in when I subscribe to my site, I get subscribed to my email list as well. However, the subscriber’s name entered in my Aweber list is wrong: it’s showing my website’s name, instead of the name I typed in from the registration form. It appears the ad tracking and name are not working properly. What am I doing wrong?

This is the code I entered:

Description: s2Member Email Parser
Trigger Rule: s2Member Subscription Requestn (match on: Body)
Rule 1: nEMail Address: *(.+?)n (match on: Body, store in: Email)
Rule 2: nFull Name: *(.*?)n (match on: Body, store in: Name)
Rule 3: nAd Tracking: *(.*?)n (match on: Body, store in: Ad Tracking)
Rule 4: nRole: *(.*?)n (match on: Body, store in: Misc)

Thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Feb 14th, 2013 at 3:59 am #41682
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

Your configuration looks good in what you posted. I just tested that against my AWeber account and it’s working properly. If problems persist, please take a screenshot of your AWeber Email Parser configuration, as it exists in your AWeber account and post that here for review.

Also, I suggest that you inspect the actual email that s2Member® sends to AWeber.

Please create this directory and file:
/wp-content/mu-plugins/s2-hacks.php
(NOTE: these are MUST USE plugins, see: http://codex.wordpress.org/Must_Use_Plugins)
(See also: http://www.s2member.com/kb/hacking-s2member/)

Posted: Thursday Feb 14th, 2013 at 3:59 am #41683
Staff Member
Posted: Friday Feb 15th, 2013 at 9:06 am #41873
Yanner11
Username: yanner11

Thanks Jason. I deleted the email parser and redid it exactly the same way. It did the same thing, but after I ran a test, it corrected itself and is now showing the correct first and last name. It’s still a mystery to me how it’s fixed, but I’m happy that it’s working now. Thanks for your help.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.