latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Custom Registration/Profile Fields

Home Forums Community Forum Custom Registration/Profile Fields

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Mar 30th, 2013 at 1:22 pm #46147

I am unable to get the “Custom Registration/Profile Fields:” to show in the dashboard so I can edit/add fields.
I have completed a fresh install with only s2member installed, and new database, but still can not get this option to appear so I can edit these fields. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Mar 30th, 2013 at 4:03 pm #46161
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

What versions of s2Member and WordPress are you running?

Are you running WordPress in MultiSite mode?

Can you give us a Dashboard login so we can take a look? You can send that here:

s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Saturday Mar 30th, 2013 at 9:24 pm #46178

Thanks for replying Bruce!
I have sent a message with the required info on it. Please feel fee to do what you need as this is now a clean whip/install and I will not loss anything. Please let me know if you need anything else. Happy Easter!!!

Posted: Sunday Mar 31st, 2013 at 7:49 pm #46227
Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up.

I’m sorry, but we did not receive the Private message via Private Contact Form. Could you please try sending the info again?

See: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Posted: Sunday Mar 31st, 2013 at 7:54 pm #46230
Bruce
Staff Member

Details Received. Thank-you!

Posted: Sunday Mar 31st, 2013 at 7:54 pm #46231

Okay bruce… sent it again.

Posted: Sunday Mar 31st, 2013 at 7:57 pm #46232
Bruce
Staff Member

Investigation Complete.

s2Member is attempting to grab its CSS and JavaScript, and is being redirected by your custom routine for blocking access to your non-live site. This is causing what should return s2Member’s JavaScript and CSS as:

SAAA National is down at the moment.  Please contact Admin@SAAA-National.org with questions.  Sorry for the inconvenience and we will have the site back up as soon as possible.  Check for updates on Facebook at ScottishAmerican AthleticAssociation.

I’d take a look at your processes and see if you can change the way you’re blocking access to your site to keep this from happening.

Posted: Sunday Mar 31st, 2013 at 8:12 pm #46234

The only thing I have is an index.html file. There shouldn’t be any other redirecting going on… Its even the default wordpress theme

Posted: Sunday Mar 31st, 2013 at 8:14 pm #46235
Bruce
Staff Member

The only thing I have is an index.html file. There shouldn’t be any other redirecting going on… Its even the default wordpress theme

Are you saying here that you’re overwriting the WordPress index.php file with your own index.html file?

Posted: Sunday Mar 31st, 2013 at 8:20 pm #46236
Bruce
Staff Member

I just ran a test on a development server, and this is definitely what’s causing the issue. WordPress is using some special .htaccess rules (I won’t go into detail here), but the end idea is that the index.php file needs to be the only index file here. You can accomplish the same thing you’re doing here (and actually better, seeing if a User is logged in) with some of WordPress’s conditionals using the wp_head hook. I can give you a Must-Use plugin file that will accomplish what you’re doing with your method that I use for my projects, if you’d like.

Posted: Sunday Mar 31st, 2013 at 9:11 pm #46238

That would be great Bruce! Thanks so much for the help… I didn’t even think twice about that stupid little html file. I’ll remove that file asap.

Posted: Sunday Mar 31st, 2013 at 9:28 pm #46239
Bruce
Staff Member

No problem.

You can rename your HTML file to maintenance.php (which will allow you to use HTML just as you have in your current file), and put the following code into a Must Use Plugin file. Find information on Must-Use plugins here:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Must_Use_Plugins

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.