latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Custom Sign up page?

Home Forums Community Forum Custom Sign up page?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Joel Taylor 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Jun 30th, 2012 at 9:42 am #17956

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jun 30th, 2012 at 4:18 pm #17981
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Jeol,

If you deactivate free registration under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Open Registration, and then use a pro-form in the page you want it, then you can achieve what you need.

You can generate pro-forms for free registration under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Free Registration Forms.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Monday Jul 2nd, 2012 at 5:14 pm #18109

Thanks Eduan,
I guess, now is there a way to group certain fields together?

Here’s an example:

I’d like to move the Middle Initial to between First Name and Last Name.

Posted: Tuesday Jul 3rd, 2012 at 7:02 am #18162
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Joel,

You’ll need to customize the Pro-Form templates to do that. Please see Pre Sale FAQs » Is it possible to modify s2Member® Pro Form templates?

Posted: Tuesday Jul 3rd, 2012 at 8:14 am #18188

Thanks Raam,
Looks like I can customize the output html, but all the custom fields are grouped together. Looking at the code, it doesn’t look like there’s any hooks I can get into to alter the order of output.

So, am I missing something, or is it not possible (without a lot of core plugin hacking) to get a custom field in the middle of the standard form fields for registration?

Thx

Posted: Tuesday Jul 3rd, 2012 at 8:37 am #18189

It looks like there’s a filter that will allow you to get the code output (ws_plugin__s2member_pro_sc_paypal_form) – but wow, that would be some regex’ing just to reorder the form fields.

It would make more sense to be able to hook into the sc_paypal_form function and redefine an order array for the fields it’s about to render to html.

Any suggestions?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by  Joel Taylor.
Posted: Wednesday Jul 4th, 2012 at 7:35 am #18272
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Joel,

Here’s a tricky way around this:

1) Create a Custom Registration Field with the Unique ID middle_name. Set “Field Required?” to no and “Allow Profile Edits” to No (uneditable & totally invisible, both during & after registration)

2) Edit the necessary Pro-Form template in plugins/s2member-pro/includes/templates/forms/ and add the following between the First Name and Last Name sections:

<div id="s2member-pro-paypal-registration-form-middle-name-div" class="s2member-pro-paypal-form-div s2member-pro-paypal-registration-form-div s2member-pro-paypal-form-middle-name-div s2member-pro-paypal-registration-form-middle-name-div">
	<label for="s2member-pro-paypal-registration-middle-name" id="s2member-pro-paypal-registration-form-middle-name-label" class="s2member-pro-paypal-form-middle-name-label s2member-pro-paypal-registration-form-middle-name-label">
		<span>Middle Name</span><br />
		<input type="text" maxlength="100" autocomplete="off" value="" name="s2member_pro_paypal_registration[custom_fields][middle_name]" id="s2member-pro-paypal-registration-custom-reg-field-middle-name" aria-required="false" tabindex="11" class="s2member-pro-paypal-custom-reg-field-middle-name s2member-pro-paypal-registration-custom-reg-field-middle-name" />
	</label>
</div>

Now when that Pro-Form loads and the user submits their Middle Name, it will be stored in the Middle Name custom registration field.

If you want this to show up the same way when you use the [s2Member-Profile /] shortcode, please see this thread.

Posted: Thursday Jul 12th, 2012 at 4:05 am #19002

So as I’m building out my custom sign-up page, I’m finding various issues. That’s why it’s taking me so long to respond. :)

So, the next issue is if I hard-code the custom inputs into the paypal-registration-form.php file, then I loose the dynamic piece. For example, one of the custom inputs is a select menu. The values are set in the admin, but obviously if I hard code the values in the registration file, I’ll lose any dynamic updates in the admin.

There really needs to be a method for call the form elements for a custom input individually.

On that note, is there somewhere I can hire a s2member developer to help me get my project completed? Thanks!

Posted: Thursday Jul 12th, 2012 at 5:36 am #19008

Hmm Interesting, I’m in a similar situation. I need to split the registration form and payment to be like this:

Page 1:
Enter your account details and choose subscription plan

Page 2:
Display payment form depending on chosen plan

Page 3:
Thank You for your payment

And all these 3 pages need to be custom html not the default Pro forms HTML. I Just need the functionality not the look and while making sure my changes are not overwritten by updates. Can’t we just modify the pro form templates html for styling and just leave the %%hidden_inputs%%, field names like s2member_pro_authnet_registration[first_name] and anything else that is not just visual html. And are these template files upgrade safe if i modify them?

Posted: Thursday Jul 12th, 2012 at 11:51 am #19045

Update

Ok, i have figured out how to customise Pro form templates safely. In the Pro forms shortcode, add template=”checkout.php” and then create checkout.php in your theme folder. Then copy the Pro form template code you want to modify to your new checkout.php file.

template=”” 100% optional. This can be a custom template file that exists inside your WordPress® theme directory. For example: template=”checkout.php”.

Posted: Thursday Jul 12th, 2012 at 1:31 pm #19051

Thomas that’s a good tip, but it wouldn’t solve the dynamic nature of additional_fields. Eg: the select dropdown menu of options – changing this in the admin, wouldn’t update the registration form if you used this method.

I need to do something very similar to you – but my registration form is very specific and kind large. We need an uploaded file, etc etc.

See this image: Registration Page

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  Joel Taylor.
Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.