latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Download links

Home Forums Community Forum Download links

This topic contains 29 replies, has 5 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 4 years, 2 months ago.

Page 2 Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Oct 4th, 2012 at 10:41 am #27447

Finally… I got it figured out. I changed my bucket policy using the Amazon S3 policy generator that can be found here:

http://awspolicygen.s3.amazonaws.com/policygen.html

Here are the options I used:

Effect: allow
Principal: *
AWS Service: Amazon S3
Action: GetObject
Amazon Resouce Name (ARN): “arn:aws:s3:::my_bucket_name/*“
Add Statement
Generate Policy
Copy policy to clipboard
From S3: edit bucket policy and paste in new policy

Now if I could get the SSL working I could be done with that site forever, but I know that has nothing to do with you guys, actually neither did this, so I truly appreciate the help.

Thanks!

Posted: Thursday Oct 4th, 2012 at 6:05 pm #27492

Ah, great! Thanks for the update. I’m very glad you found the cause and were able to fix it. :)

Posted: Thursday Oct 18th, 2012 at 12:51 am #28801
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread.

Regarding the redirection. That’s normal. The redirection occurs because you’ve integrated Amazon Cloudfront. With Cloudfront integration, the files are ultimately served from edge locations (i.e. via Cloudfront servers).

Regarding the error message “AccessDenied”. This is a generic message that can occur on the Cloudfront side of things when/if there are issues in the link that is providing the access (which is generated by your installation of s2Member, based on your configuration of s2Member). I’m not aware of any widespread issues with the way s2Member formulates the links, so I doubt seriously there is problem with the link format overall. It also looks correct from the post that you submitted earlier, in terms of the overall format.

Since you’ve said that streams are working properly?
But the direct download is NOT working properly, do I have that correct?

If that’s the case, I’d take a look at your Amazon Cloudfront Console at Amazon.com. Have any of your Cloudfront distributions been disabled, or are there any other issues being reported to you in the console there?

I’d also be curious to know if you’ve integrated the Cloudfront distributions (or any other part of your Amazon web services account), with another software application that might be interfacing with Amazon using an entirely different version of their API. For instance, you do you have other software applications (besides s2Member), connected to your Cloudfront and/or S3 services?

If all else fails, I recommend that you ask s2Member to reconfigure your Cloudfront Distributions (i.e. allow s2Member to delete and then recreate your Cloudfront distributions, by checking this box again and clicking save).

Note, this process can take several minutes, and you may get some error messages from s2Member, while the distributions are being deleted and recreated on the Cloudfront side of things. In other words, some temporary errors during this process are normal. Please be patient with the process that s2Member has to go through.

Posted: Thursday Oct 18th, 2012 at 12:52 am #28802
Staff Member
Oh, I totally missed your solution in the last page of this thread. Thanks for the update.
Viewing 4 replies - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.