latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Error 400

Home Forums Community Forum Error 400

Tagged: , , , , , ,

This topic contains 32 replies, has 6 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 10 months ago.

Page 2 Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Mar 9th, 2012 at 5:41 am #7711
Staff Member

Thank you. I was able to reproduce this issue on your installation.

Mark, please submit your details again.
We’ll need FTP access so we can run diagnostics on your installation.
s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Friday Mar 9th, 2012 at 9:21 am #7728
Mark R.
Username: marktyt

Hi Jason,

Great (at least from a troubleshooting standpoint). I’ll set up the FTP account and submit now.

Bendix – we’re in the States, so I’m not sure what is going on. Perhaps when we get to the bottom of it we can help you as well.

Posted: Friday Mar 9th, 2012 at 2:04 pm #7738
Staff Member

@Mark R.
Investigation completed. Thanks for your patience.

I found that your installation of PHP was running in SAFE MODE, which has some side effects in WordPress, and triggers an invalid internal redirection due to a bug that exists in the WordPress WP_Http class. I’ll save you the rest of the boring details related to this minor WordPress bug.

Long story short, we’ve found a way to work around this issue in the release of s2Member v120309, by forcing a WP_Http redirection value of 0 during Amazon S3/CloudFront configuration. This allows s2Member’s auto configuration routines to also succeed in PHP installations running in SAFE MODE.

Your test WordPress installation has now been fully configured with Amazon S3/CloudFront. If you have other installations that you’d like to integrate, please make sure that you upgrade to s2Member v120309 first, or disable SAFE MODE in your /php.ini file. See Also: http://php.net/manual/en/features.safe-mode.php

Posted: Friday Mar 9th, 2012 at 2:54 pm #7742
Mark R.

Thanks Jason –
That does make sense. I did both – changed to non-safe mode, as well as upgrade.

Of course, the site you tweaked and got working was the temp site – without any content. I copied back the basic code (not much really – plain install with s2Member plugin and some content and theme), and I got this error when updating to CloudFront:

Unable to auto-configure Amazon® CloudFront Distributions.
Error code: 409. Error Message: Unable to create Amazon® CloudFront Downloads Distro. Unable to create Amazon® CloudFront Downloads Distro. Conflict

At least it’s a DIFFERENT error – perhaps this one is easier to troubleshoot.

** UDPATE **
Well that was easy – it was obviously a conflict since those CF settings we already manually set up. Once I deleted those, it created them again perfectly with the correct settings. WONDERFUL.

THANKS JASON!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  Mark R..
Posted: Friday Mar 9th, 2012 at 3:47 pm #7748
Bendix
Username: benchefe

Jason!!!!!
thank you very much!!!!

Amazon® CloudFront Distributions auto-configured successfully. Please allow 30 minutes for propagation.

:)

Posted: Friday Mar 9th, 2012 at 3:59 pm #7751
Mark R.

Two with one stone – nice job.

Posted: Friday Mar 9th, 2012 at 5:07 pm #7784

Thanks very much for the confirmation guys! We’re glad you got that working finally. :)

Viewing 7 replies - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.