latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Extra white space around PayPal button

Home Forums Community Forum Extra white space around PayPal button

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Sep 28th, 2012 at 2:38 pm #26880

I have created a sales page and placed my order buttons on it and there is about 4 inches of extra white space above each button. I can’t see anything in the HTML editor. Any ideas how to get rid of this?

I will send you the page link via a message or an email if necessary, but don’t want to paste up a special offer page that is not for public consumption on a public forum.

Kim

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Sep 28th, 2012 at 6:24 pm #26897
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Kim,

From what I’ve read in these forums, this problem is mostly caused by your theme. You can contact your theme’s developer about this so that he can fix it. In the mean time, you would probably be interested in using the TRUEedit plugin, disabling all the filters except the do_shortcode one.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Sunday Sep 30th, 2012 at 10:49 pm #27033

Thanks, Eduan. I have reached out to Optimize Press for help. The TRUEedit plugin did take away the space above the button, but unfortunately, it stripped out all other line returns making my site unreadable. Thankfully, deactivating it put my site back to normal.

Really need to get this fixed. My sales letter goes live tomorrow for a pre-launch and will be totally ready to go by Tuesday.

Posted: Monday Oct 1st, 2012 at 7:47 am #27056

Kim, it’s usually the theme, but can also be a plugin causing it. Basically, something in your installation is changing the way the content is filtered. The problem you describe happens when something adds [hilite code]
[/hilite] where new lines are, even though they are in the HTML of the hidden input fields for the button’s code. And that also could affect the way the button works, causing the checkout to not work, with an error on PayPal’s side when attempting it.

The way to check what is causing the problem, would be changing for a moment the theme to the default TwentyEleven and refreshing the page with the button to see if the problem went away. If that doesn’t take care of it, deactivate other plugins one by one, checking after each if the problem went with it. It’d be good to make a full backup of the site before these tests, too, especially so close to the launch.

If you don’t have time to test all this, you can also use a button created over at PayPal, which won’t have the shortcode parsing issue, but only works with new users, since existing users won’t have their account info added (which may be fine for your site). Knowledge Base » Using PayPal created buttons

I hope it helps!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.