latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Force Terms & Conditions at Checkout

Home Forums Community Forum Force Terms & Conditions at Checkout

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  alancheuk 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Dec 14th, 2012 at 2:02 pm #34685

Hi All,
Loving S2Member so far. :)

I have a ton of options of monthly membership subscriptions, discounts for multiple subscriptions, and set-up fees. I’m using gravity forms and some javascript and passing those values to a custom checkout page. I didn’t want to create 50 different checkout pages. So I build my short code string in php and echo that to the page. All of that is working beautifully. Checkout / registration is working just fine.

My question is now I want to make the client accept the terms and conditions as well at checkout. I looked at Jason’s page http://www.s2member.com/kb/force-terms-and-conditions-agreement/ but cannot quite figure out how to build this into my shortcode string as well. I understand in my case it needs to be hard-coded. No issue there.

Do I just echo another short code?

Thanks.
Mike

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Dec 14th, 2012 at 10:27 pm #34729
TJ
Username: wellwater

As I understand it, you’re don’t need to do this in your shortcode. It needs to be done in your general options admin area (s2Member > General Options > Registration/Profile Fields & Options). You need to add your custom checkbox field and mark it as required.

On the options page I specified above, you have to:
1) click the “Add New Field” link
2) For “Form field type” choose “Checkbox (single)”
3) Add your terms and condition blurb to the “Field Label/Desc” text input field (btw, you can include HTML here, such as linking to your terms and conditions page (be sure to use “target=”_blank” in your link so your users won’t navigate away from your form thereby losing everything they entered)
4) Set the “Field required” to Yes/required
5) For “allow profile edits” set it to something sensible, such as “No (uneditable and totally invisible after registration)”

For the remaining fields, you can modify it how you please. After this, it should start appearing on your forms.

Posted: Saturday Dec 15th, 2012 at 12:52 am #34734

Wow! I cannot believe I didn’t understand that from reading it initially.

Oh well got it working now.

Thanks TJ!

Posted: Saturday Dec 22nd, 2012 at 8:49 pm #35383
alancheuk
Username: alancheuk

I added the custom field as described here. However it seems like the verification that the box is checked is only done via javascript and not on the server-side. I want to have both server-side and client-side verification. How do I do this? (perhaps the ms_validate_user_signup hook?)

Thanks!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.