latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Form stuck on processing

Home Forums Community Forum Form stuck on processing

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Scott Bradshaw 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Aug 10th, 2013 at 6:51 am #55519

Hi,

A few days ago I’d configured S2Member and it was working all fine as expected. I then changed the site name from lcoalhost to my ip address to test something else and did a search replace of everything within the site to change from localhost to 176.xx.x.x and back again.

I had to redo all the S2Member plugin config again but on my free registration form, it never gets past the processing button, but the new user is created. This is the same for paid registrations, apart from that it get’s sent to PayPal, it processes the money, creates the user but doesn’t return to the site. It just hangs on the ‘loading’ bit.

I’ve disabled the deactivation safeguard, deactivated the plugin and reactivated it thinking that might clear all the settings. Then re-did all the settings and I still have the same issue.

Is there any check I can do to see where it is hanging?

Cheers,
Scott

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Aug 12th, 2013 at 11:19 pm #55605
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

Sorry for the delay in response.

Is there any check I can do to see where it is hanging?

Did you change the Site URL in your WordPress Settings? That’s the only place I can think of that would break s2Member. You would change that here:

Dashboard -› Settings -› General

Posted: Tuesday Aug 13th, 2013 at 5:07 am #55638

No worries about delay. Both the urls are http://localhost/wordpress which is correct.

Is there a way to see what the pro form is trying to do in the background and then see where it’s breaking?

Posted: Tuesday Aug 13th, 2013 at 5:18 am #55642
Bruce
Staff Member

Is there a way to see what the pro form is trying to do in the background and then see where it’s breaking?

This process is taking place in s2Member’s JavaScript. Try opening the Console in your browser (usually f12) and see if there are any JavaScript errors. That may tell you what’s going wrong.

Posted: Tuesday Aug 13th, 2013 at 5:44 am #55650

Hmm I can’t see any errors. When I tried signing up as a free member and put in an already taken username, it gave me the correct error so bits of it are working. And the user is being created, just the final bit of saying registration is complete (or whatever the message is).

I did try reverting back to the default Responsive theme (rather than a child theme with modifications) and disabling all the plugins apart from S2Member, but it’s the same as above.

Any further ideas?

Cheers

Posted: Tuesday Aug 13th, 2013 at 6:46 am #55653
Bruce
Staff Member

Hm, sorry, I can’t think of anything else off of the top of my head. Could I take a look at your installation? You can send Dashboard login details here:

s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Monday Aug 19th, 2013 at 9:23 am #56157

Hi Bruce,

Sorry for delayed response. I haven’t had internet for a while (though I did reply this message saying that, but it isn’t here…).

Anyway, I’ll send through a contact form now.

Cheers,
Scott

Posted: Monday Aug 19th, 2013 at 9:31 am #56158

~ AUTO-GENERATED NOTICE

Action taken: I posted a private contact form and referenced this Topic.

Posted: Monday Aug 19th, 2013 at 9:31 am #56159

I’ve disabled all the plugins apart from S2Member and Exec-PHP (same behaviour when Exec-PHP disabled). I’ve also reverted back to the default 2012 theme.

Hopefully you’ll find something digging around.

Cheers

Posted: Tuesday Aug 20th, 2013 at 3:10 am #56218
Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks, I’ve got your info and I’m taking a look now.

Thanks for your patience over the weekend.

Posted: Tuesday Aug 20th, 2013 at 3:22 am #56219
Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks. I just took a look and saw what you’re talking about.

The problem is not that s2Member’s files are loading or not working correctly. When the form is submitted, your server is sending back a 504 error.

I’m not sure what’s causing this. It’s at a server level, and I can’t debug any further than this. You should contact your hosting company about what might be causing this. If there’s anything we can do after you’ve got more information let us know.

Posted: Tuesday Aug 20th, 2013 at 4:01 am #56225

Hmm okay. It’s just on XAMPP at the moment on my laptop. I’ll try reinstalling it and see if some setting is put back to default.

Cheers

Posted: Tuesday Aug 20th, 2013 at 5:43 am #56234

Hi Bruce

Just reinstalled XAMPP and it’s working now – must have fiddled with one of the settings. Thanks for all your help.

Cheers,
Scott

Posted: Tuesday Aug 20th, 2013 at 5:44 am #56235
Bruce
Staff Member

Just reinstalled XAMPP and it’s working now – must have fiddled with one of the settings. Thanks for all your help.

Awesome, thanks for the update! If you ever do figure out what setting caused this please do let us know so we can keep this from happening to people in the future. :-)

Posted: Tuesday Aug 20th, 2013 at 5:47 am #56236

Not entirely sure what did it, but I did mess around with the config files for Apache (httpd.conf and httpd-xampp.conf) so maybe restoring them back to their defaults was the trick. I didn’t change much else for the setup.

Cheers!

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.