latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

FYI: WPMU 3.5 wp-login.php file not verified

Home Forums Community Forum FYI: WPMU 3.5 wp-login.php file not verified

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices. Last updated by  George Fourie 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Dec 12th, 2012 at 2:18 am #34329
Buck
Username: stephenbuck415

After upgrading to WPMU 3.5 I visited the s2Member Multisite (Configuration) page to see if anything changed click “save”. Nothing seemed to have changed, so I clicked “save” for the sake of posterity, and got this message:

Your /wp-login.php file could NOT be patched. Unverifiable

Load, User-New, and Functions patched without any trouble.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Dec 12th, 2012 at 3:51 am #34330
Nick Bencino
Username: nickfx

I got it too. I came here to report this error. Same situation, after updating to 3.5 I went to multisite (config) and I recieved the same error

Your /wp-login.php file could NOT be patched. Unverifiable.

Is this effecting the security of my content?

Posted: Wednesday Dec 12th, 2012 at 4:03 am #34332
olly connelly
Username: guv

+1

Best to try the manual route?

Posted: Wednesday Dec 12th, 2012 at 4:24 am #34334
Nick Bencino
Username: nickfx

Any link to manual patch instructions?

Posted: Wednesday Dec 12th, 2012 at 10:46 am #34377

Thanks for the report guys, I’m forwarding it to Jason to take a look.

Any link to manual patch instructions?

[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Multisite (Config) -> Patches -> Rather Do It Yourself? ( manual instructions )[/hilite]
Posted: Thursday Dec 13th, 2012 at 4:58 am #34457
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread.

A full review of WordPress v3.5 running together with s2Member and s2Member Pro has been underway and will be completed sometime within the next few days. Required updates will be made available in the next maintenance release of our software. I’m not aware at this time of any major concerns, but there are some minor issues like the bug reported in this thread that we’re taking a closer look at before the next maintenance release.

Regarding /wp-login.php

Until the next maintenance release, you can resolve this issue by downloading the attached ZIP file. Please unzip and upload mms-patches.inc.php to your existing installation. Allowing the patched copy to override your existing copy of: /s2member/includes/classes/mms-patches.inc.php

Now, go to your Dashboard and re-run the Multisite patches provided by s2Member.

Download PATCH file: http://d1v41qemfjie0l.cloudfront.net/s2member/uploads/mms-patches.inc_.php_.zip

OR, if you don’t like patches, another option is to follow the manual instructions provided in this section of your Dashboard, which are still accurate enough to work with WordPress v3.5. Please see: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Multisite (Config) -› Patches -› Do It Yourself

Posted: Friday Dec 14th, 2012 at 6:55 am #34639
Buck
Username: stephenbuck415

The latest version of s2member has corrected the problem.
Solved.
Thanks!

Posted: Tuesday Dec 18th, 2012 at 4:55 am #34890

That’s excellent! Thanks for confirming it. :)

Posted: Wednesday Dec 19th, 2012 at 9:16 pm #35114

I’ve got the latest version of S2member, not but still on wp 3.4.2 and my wp-login.php doesnt patch..

and the patch didn’t work either…

Tried to load it manually but made no difference, what to do?

Posted: Friday Dec 21st, 2012 at 8:14 am #35235
Staff Member

@ George Fourie

Thanks for reporting this important issue.

Please confirm for me…

You are running s2Member v121213 or higher, correct?
http://www.s2member.com/changelog/#s2-changes-v121213

Also, what error message are you receiving please? If it’s a writable file error, please set permissions on /wp-login.php to 777 via your FTP application and then re-run s2Member’s multisite patcher.

I can confirm that s2Member v121213+ correctly patches WordPress v3.4, v3.4.2, and v3.5. If problems persist for you, please open your current copy of /wp-login.php and paste the snippet of code that you have in your /wp-login.php file at line #509. You should see this by default:
case 'register' :
	if ( is_multisite() ) {
		// Multisite uses wp-signup.php
		wp_redirect( apply_filters( 'wp_signup_location', site_url('wp-signup.php') ) );
		exit;
	}

Change that to:

case 'register' :
	if ( is_multisite() ) {
		// Multisite uses wp-signup.php
		// Modified for full plugin compatiblity.
		//wp_redirect( apply_filters( 'wp_signup_location', network_site_url('wp-signup.php') ) );
		//exit;
	}
Posted: Friday Dec 21st, 2012 at 3:59 pm #35274

Thanks.

Yes, I have the latest version up.

My wp-login.php is patched as described, although it says that it isn’t and permissions are set to 777.

/wp-includes/ms-functions.php is also not patching right now

Members are also not being upgraded, they are being made participants instead of s1 members when they upgrade.

Not sure if a plugin is doing this, can bbpress have something to do with that? (changing roles?)

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.