latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How to get 1 checkbox item per line?

Home Forums Community Forum How to get 1 checkbox item per line?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Charles P. 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Sep 1st, 2012 at 1:59 pm #23799

Greetings,

I’m designing my registration / profile fields. I have several fields that have multiple checkboxes. They are currently wrapping instead of displaying 1 per line. How can I force them to display 1 checkbox item per line?

Thank you.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Sep 1st, 2012 at 9:44 pm #23812
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Charles,

You should be able to do this with CSS within the form edit lightbox (near the bottom).

EDIT: This particular functionality is not capable through the CSS editing capabilities within s2Member. Instead, you will need to add a CSS class through s2Member’s popup/lightbox within s2Member->General Options->Registration/Profile Fields & Options->Add New Field(Or Edit Field), and work with the CSS within your Theme to get this to work.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  Bruce.
Posted: Saturday Sep 1st, 2012 at 11:14 pm #23817

Bruce,

Thanks for the suggestion. I’m brand new to s2MemberPro, Word Press, and I’m not a coder. I’m a neophyte. Can you walk me through the actual steps? First, what is the “Form Edit Lightbox”?

Thank you Bruce.

Posted: Sunday Sep 2nd, 2012 at 12:35 am #23819
Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Charles,

After some testing I’ve found that this functionality is not possible directly within s2Member. A small portion of code outside of s2Member is necessary due to the way WordPress & s2Member use CSS with the forms.

However, with the way s2Member allows classes to be added to forms, it is still possible.You can check out the edited post above for information on how you might be able to do it with some help from a developer.

Thanks & sorry for the inconvenience

Posted: Sunday Sep 2nd, 2012 at 10:13 am #23851

No inconvenience at all. I that YOU for offering help during a holiday weekend. I am very grateful.

Posted: Sunday Sep 2nd, 2012 at 10:50 am #23853

Bruce, I could use a little more of your help.

I’m realizing I have 3 layers of “stuff” that has to be configured for my site:

bottom layer – WordPress
middle layer – theme
top layer – s2memberPro

Where I (as a site owner) gets tripped up would be something like the following –

The font color for the fields on my Login / Registration screen is too light (grey text on white background). I’d like to make it black (seems simple enough). But in the s2member Login / Registration Design settings, the only font color setting is “Color of Text on top of your Background:”. Nothing about color of text in fields. So I search around my theme settings – nothing there.

For site owners new to WordPress and s2memberPro, this is very frustrating. It seems like a simple setting, but it’s nowhere to be found.

Is there a learning resource anywhere that can help new site owners (such as me) easily learn where to look for settings such as that, and also learn how the whole structural interrelation between WP, the theme, and then a plugin like s2Member all works together and which settings take precedence over others (and concepts like that)?

Thank you Bruce.

Posted: Sunday Sep 2nd, 2012 at 8:57 pm #23881
Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Charles,

Sorry for the delay on my response

For site owners new to WordPress and s2memberPro, this is very frustrating. It seems like a simple setting, but it’s nowhere to be found.

Is there a learning resource anywhere that can help new site owners (such as me) easily learn where to look for settings such as that, and also learn how the whole structural interrelation between WP, the theme, and then a plugin like s2Member all works together and which settings take precedence over others (and concepts like that)?

I totally understand what you mean. s2Member has become way more than it was originally going to be, and we are constantly expanding the documentation and information within the Dashboard and on s2Member.com to encompass it’s new features. The best way to get information regarding different components would be from within these areas:

• In the WordPress Dashboard, especially within s2Member->Quick-Start Guide
  • Within the s2Member Knowledge Base (we’re slowing filling this in with more useful information, and ‘hacks’ for s2Member’s CSS, and the framework itself. We will be filling in A LOT more posts very soon.
  • s2Member’s Videos, there are lots of them that go in-depth to different parts of s2Member’s framework.
  • Within the forums (there’s a search bar at the top right that you can use keywords in to find what you might need.

The font color for the fields on my Login / Registration screen is too light (grey text on white background). I’d like to make it black (seems simple enough). But in the s2member Login / Registration Design settings, the only font color setting is “Color of Text on top of your Background:”. Nothing about color of text in fields. So I search around my theme settings – nothing there.

This particular part of the registration/login page is controlled by WordPress, but you can override it within the text box under s2Member->General Options->Login/Registration Design->Login/Registration Footer Design (optional) with something like this:

<style>
.login label {
color: #000000 !important; /* This turns the text black (hex code #000000) */
}
</style>

Let me know if you have any problems with that.

Posted: Sunday Sep 2nd, 2012 at 11:33 pm #23890

Thank you Bruce. I may want to hire you for some development work. Can we communicate privately about rates?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.