latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How to manage users expiration without PayPal

Home Forums Community Forum How to manage users expiration without PayPal

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Mar 12th, 2013 at 11:58 am #44390

Hi,
I’m about to setup a new wordpress web site using your S2Member plugin (witch seems great btw) for one of my client, but this client doesn’t use PayPal for its current clients. They will use paypal in the future, but for now I have to import their current clients list into wordpress.

My question is, how will my client manage his current users account expiration date?

Thank you.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Mar 15th, 2013 at 10:30 am #44704

Hi Andre.

s2Member adds an EOT time field in the user profile, which you can edit manually to add a date. This time can also be populated on import when you use the s2Member Pro user import tool. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Import/Export -› User/Member Importation[/hilite]

When that time is populated, s2Member won’t touch it even if the user is tied to a payment gateway subscription and it gets cancelled. So make sure you only populate that time when you don’t expect the payment gateway to have a say on that anymore.

Since these users you’ll import won’t be tied to a PayPal subscription, it’s fine, and you have to manage this manually because there’s nothing else to do it.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Friday Mar 15th, 2013 at 10:45 am #44706

Great thanks for the reply…

The only problem is that I just tested it and put the EOT time to yesterday and my test user can still log in to the web site… and can browse restricted section…

is there anything else to setup other than the EOT in the user profile?

And I’m not using the Pro version for now, but if I can fix all this we will surely buy the full version since we have other clients/web sites we could implement this solution.

Thanks.

Posted: Tuesday Mar 19th, 2013 at 12:43 am #45122
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up. We are very sorry for the delay in reply.

The only problem is that I just tested it and put the EOT time to yesterday and my test user can still log in to the web site… and can browse restricted section…

is there anything else to setup other than the EOT in the user profile?

To tell s2Member to demote a User at a specific date, this should be the only step you need to take. However, this will not trigger if you do not have Auto-EOTs enabled in your PayPal Options. Please check to ensure that s2Member’s Automatic End-Of-Term Cron Job is enabled here:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior

s2Member’s Automatic End of Term (EOT) processing routines are turned on installation-wide when you enable them under any of your payment gateways. So even if you’re not using PayPal you should enable EOTs if you need them.
Posted: Tuesday Mar 19th, 2013 at 12:59 am #45126

Ok thanks for the answer.

I see that the user is still able to connect because the system “Demoted” the user to “Level 0”.
So this does not disable the account, it just put it as a Free subscriber and disable the access to paid sections.

So I guess there’s no way to block the access at expiration date?

thanks

Posted: Tuesday Mar 19th, 2013 at 1:00 am #45127

… and “Open Registration” is set to “NO” on the system.

just to clarify ;)

Posted: Tuesday Mar 19th, 2013 at 1:03 am #45129
Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up.

So I guess there’s no way to block the access at expiration date?

s2Member does allow you to completely delete an account via the Automatic EOT functionality I mentioned above. You’d want to change the Auto EOT settings to reflect this here:

Otherwise, the best way to just “deactivate” User accounts is to restrict your content at s2Member Level 1+. This way they are unable to access any of your content if they are s2Member Level 0 (aka a Subscriber).

Posted: Tuesday Mar 19th, 2013 at 1:07 am #45130

Thanks for that quick response!

Great plugin btw!

Will surely buy it soon for our other projects!

Posted: Tuesday Mar 19th, 2013 at 1:09 am #45133
Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for the kudos! We’re very happy to help. :-)

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.