latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

huge gap before Paypal button issue

Home Forums Community Forum huge gap before Paypal button issue

This topic contains 26 replies, has 6 voices. Last updated by  Terry Orletsky 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Nov 16th, 2012 at 9:56 am #31775
TM
Username: calanau

Hi all,

I love your plugin, but I have a problem with paypal buttons. When I creat a paypal button and paste it on a page it makes a huge blank gap between previous text and a button itself. It looks like this

To here is the site where you can see the problem: http://low-roller.com/test-page-with-paypal-issue/

And the text on page creater is without a gap…

Can you tell me what can cause this problem? I did check other plugins conflict but it seems like it’s not the case. Please help

• This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  TM.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Nov 16th, 2012 at 12:12 pm #31778

Try this in your .CSS file:

table tr td br{
 display: none;
 } 
Posted: Friday Nov 16th, 2012 at 12:20 pm #31779
TM

Where can I put this code?

Im sorry but I’m not very good in coding and I dont know where should I put it in to make it work.

COuld you provide me with location of a code which I could find before the one you told me to add?

Posted: Friday Nov 16th, 2012 at 1:59 pm #31792

You could try to put it in this file:

http://low-roller.com/wp-content/themes/churchope/style.css

Become aware of that this will disappear whith your next theme update..

Posted: Friday Nov 16th, 2012 at 2:14 pm #31797

Thanks, Stein for sharing this. I did try it and it didn’t work.

I’ve asked about this in the past and been told by Customer Support that is my theme causing the conflict. However, I just now changed my theme to the default Twenty Eleven and the extra space is still there.

Frankly, this makes this an impossible plugin to use if that space cannot be eliminated.

What else can we do?

Posted: Friday Nov 16th, 2012 at 2:19 pm #31798
TM

Unfortunately, Kim ie correct and the space is still there.

Any other suggestions will be appreciated :)

Posted: Friday Nov 16th, 2012 at 2:25 pm #31800

OK, I just checked into the old forum request I made and re-discovered that the answer is to use buttons hosted from PayPal. Basically you log into your PayPal account and create a button there. As I recall it is critical to have all the proper PayPal set up inside s2member first or it won’t work.

Posted: Friday Nov 16th, 2012 at 2:26 pm #31801

Here is the link to that old forum discussion about PayPal hosted buttons. Hope it helps.

http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/info-on-how-to-use-paypal-hosted-buttons/

Posted: Friday Nov 16th, 2012 at 2:32 pm #31805
TM

Thanks, Ill check it out. Cheers all for help

Posted: Friday Nov 16th, 2012 at 2:35 pm #31806
TM

Ooo yee I remember on thing, cos I use to do what you said before and the problem was that the person who bought a service from me was suppose to gain an access to the premium content. The problem was, that after payment they did not receive access to my content. I dont know why was that, so I changed the buttons and tried to do them through s2members. Ill let you guys know how it went and did i solvve this problem or not.

Posted: Saturday Nov 17th, 2012 at 5:33 am #31869

Strange. I had the same problem here, and this .css fix solved it for me..

Posted: Saturday Nov 17th, 2012 at 9:08 am #31875
TM

Hi Stein,

In my css file there is almost nothing. Just 10 lines with theme name and tags. Here look at it and tell me where to past the code you rpovided. For some reason I have a feeling that theres something wrong with this file.

/*
Theme Name: Churchope
Version: 1.8
Theme URI: http://churchope.themoholics.com/
Description: Premium WordPress theme that is perfect for churches and business websites, but also suits well for any other needs.
Author: themaholic
Author URI: http://themoholics.com/
License URI: http://themeforest.net/wiki/support/legal-terms/licensing-terms/
Tags: red, white, gray, two-columns, fixed-width, threaded-comments, translation-ready, custom-menu
*/

Posted: Saturday Nov 17th, 2012 at 1:40 pm #31884

Put it on the first line after what’s in that file. (below */)

Posted: Saturday Nov 17th, 2012 at 2:17 pm #31888
Eduan
Username: Eduan

How is that file named TM? You should be looking for the style.css file, only there will your changes take effect. A useful tip, make sure to put it at the end of the file, so that it overwrites any other style. :)

– Eduan

Posted: Saturday Nov 17th, 2012 at 2:54 pm #31894
TM

Hi all,

Im affraid it doesnt work. I found style.css file and put the code in it. Nothing. Then I’ll put that code into other css files and it didnt work either. I don’t know what to do. Without s2member pluggin my site wont work the way i need it to work :(

Posted: Saturday Nov 17th, 2012 at 3:43 pm #31895

From what I can see, you have not put that in your style.css file.
The file still looks the way you listed it here..
Did you upload (ftp) the file to your site after the change?

Posted: Saturday Nov 17th, 2012 at 4:12 pm #31897
TM

I don’t understand this. My style.css file showes that i did put the peace of code in it, saved it and upload it into my folder with the site. I don’t understand why you can’t see it.

Posted: Saturday Nov 17th, 2012 at 4:25 pm #31898
Eduan

Could you use the following piece of CSS instead of the one you’re using:

table tr td br {
 display: none !important;
}

If you are using the one I think, you should be using the same except the !important.

– Eduan

Posted: Saturday Nov 17th, 2012 at 4:30 pm #31899
TM

I change the code for the one you gave me with ‘important’ in it but still nothing. Im not sure am I doing it right way since Stain said he cant see me changing the css file.

Posted: Saturday Nov 17th, 2012 at 4:43 pm #31900

Now I can see the code in your .css file.
And for some reason, this code dont work on your site..

Posted: Monday Nov 19th, 2012 at 7:28 am #31959
TM

Hi guys,

It wierd but I did manage to solve the problem with the paypal button. As silly as it sounds I went to Page>My page with the button problem and in the “Visual” tab (not HTML) I deleted the gap between the button and previous text … I mean it works xD

The gap was there only in the Visual tab not in HTML which I was using to paste the button code :)

The problem is solved now Yeeee :D thanks you all for help!

Posted: Monday Nov 19th, 2012 at 7:42 am #31960
TM

If you want to see the correct button please go and check it out in here http://low-roller.com/shortcodes/pricing-plans/

NOTE: You will have to be log in to see it, sorry, but allways feel free to register :)

Posted: Monday Nov 19th, 2012 at 12:05 pm #31992
Eduan

Excellent! Glad you solved the problem. :)

Posted: Monday Nov 19th, 2012 at 3:36 pm #32009
TM

Well, actually I did just for a few moments. Then it turned out I messed up with the code so bad that i had to put it back and it doesnt work again…:(

Posted: Sunday Jun 9th, 2013 at 2:11 am #51691

I still can’t find any solution for it !!!

Can anyone please help it ………..

Here is the link to the site – http://code-grill.com/g/store/

I am using striking theme latest version with wordpress 3.5.1 but still this plugin is creating the problem ………..

So if anyone can please find a solution for this problem then please let me know ………..

Thanks

Posted: Thursday Jun 13th, 2013 at 7:07 pm #51909
Eduan

Hello Antoinette,

I checked your website using the latest version of Chrome (as of Jun 13, 2013) and I’m not having the issues you’re having in your website…

– Eduan

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.