latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Installation problems

Home Forums Community Forum Installation problems

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Apr 27th, 2012 at 8:45 am #12040

I just purchased the pro version of s2member.
Installed it on my site, but nothing shows in thge menu om the left.
I then tried to reinstall the plugin, no result, the message was: “Plugin Install failed”.
I went to the site by FTP, removed all s2member folders, tried installing again, same result “Plugin install failed”.
For sure I hope I get a quick reply now, since my questions on the community forum are not answered at all. If I do not get a reply within 24 hours I will ask for a refund.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Apr 27th, 2012 at 9:57 am #12048
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello there,
have you followed the instructions under s2Member® » Pro » Install/Upgrade Instructions?

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Friday Apr 27th, 2012 at 11:19 am #12053

First time I see those. maybe you guys need to pay a bit more attention to creating crisp and clear manuals. I will look into it and follow those steps.

*** BIG sigh ***
WHERE did you hide the installation description.

Posted: Friday Apr 27th, 2012 at 4:18 pm #12089

We are now 5 ( as in F-I-V-E!!!!!) hours later and I still don’t have a reply.
I really want to know why I cannot install something I paid for.

Following the link I received I get an overview as follows:

1. PayPal standard Button integration
  2. PayPal Pro Form Integration (most popular)
  3. Authorize.net Pro form integration (also popular)
  4. Google Checkout button integration
  5. CB Button integration
  6. Membership functionality
  7. content restriction
  8. file download …
  9. Mass update …
  10. Plugins & widgets for s2member
  11. Mailing list functionality
  12. Affiliate management & tracking compatibilities
  13. Social Networks & forum compatibilities
  14. Developer Friendly features
  15. Multisite Network functionalities

WHERE do I read “installation manual” (or something alike???)
An clear, concise and to-the-point answer would be nice for a change!

Posted: Friday Apr 27th, 2012 at 5:58 pm #12097

I know how frustrating it is to wait for an answer.

If you’re having problems installing, make sure you keep the free s2 member framework installed, and then add the pro folder to the plugins folder and it syncs automatically, as the instructions state:

First, you need to have the latest free version of s2Member® already installed (i.e. the s2Member® Framework). You can download the s2Member® Framework and install it manually, or just log into your WordPress® Dashboard, and go to Plugins -> Add New. Type in “s2Member” and click Install, then Activate the s2Member® Framework plugin.

Now, unzip the latest distribution of s2Member® Pro, and upload the /s2member-pro folder to your /wp-content/plugins directory via FTP. We recommend FileZilla™. You should end up with /wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/pro-module.php, along with several other files and sub-directories.

Make sure you don’t accidentally nest two /s2member-pro/s2member-pro directories together. For example, this is NOT correct: /wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/s2member-pro/pro-module.php. That’s it! s2Member® Pro will be auto-loaded by the s2Member® Framework.

That’s it.

Posted: Friday Apr 27th, 2012 at 11:26 pm #12113

Thanks Melanie. :)

Boudewijn, s2Member Pro is an add-on to the s2Member Framework, you can’t have the add-on without the framework installed too. The framework is installed as any plugin, you can search for it, install and activate it from the admin area. Then the Pro add-on is uploaded via FTP to the plugins dir of your WP and it’ll automatically be added in your admin area.

s2Member® » Pro » Install/Upgrade Instructions

I hope that helps.!

Posted: Friday May 4th, 2012 at 4:10 pm #12609

I have the same problem. I upgraded to Pro today, downloaded the zip file, uploaded the entire s2member-pro directory tree to /wp-content/plugins/

I still do not see the Pro verification or any of the pro features as described in the videos or support forums.

Posted: Friday May 4th, 2012 at 5:05 pm #12610

Oops I bet you did the same thing I did. I had a WordPress AND a Blog directory … my WordPress in installed in Blog and i ftped the files to the wrong directory.

Posted: Friday May 4th, 2012 at 11:49 pm #12626

Glad you sorted it out, Donald. Thanks for the update. :)

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.