latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

list ofmember L1 (only) not showing

Home Forums Community Forum list ofmember L1 (only) not showing

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Feb 14th, 2012 at 8:23 pm #5116

Hello,

First I wanted to thank you for such a great plugin, this is a huge part of my website and it’s just awesome!
I just have a small issue though, but i think it’s coming from my mySQL database more than the plugin itself, I just need advises from knowledgeable people…
On my full user list in my admin panel, i can see all the users (free-level1-level2), but once i click on the level1 list, it shows as empty even through I have 17 people there. Weirdly, when I click on the level2 list, it pulls up fine.

For the last week I have similar issues with my bbpress instalation as well (posts/topics/forums are disappearing… you can see my post on the bbpress forum here).

With a bit of digging, I think it might come from a corrupt database (?) that i will need to repair.
I don’t what to start changing too much things in my database before I know what I’m doing so any help would be truly appreciated!

Thanks again for everything,

Emmanue

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Feb 14th, 2012 at 10:31 pm #5136

Would anyone know at least if it’s coming from a corrupt database of have just a direction to point so i can start looking?

again that would be very nice of you…

Posted: Tuesday Feb 14th, 2012 at 11:13 pm #5147

Hi Emmanuel. Thanks for the kudos! :)

Well, it may be a corrupt database, but it could also be an object caching problem. Do you have a caching plugin installed? If so, could you try deactivating its object caching or the whole plugin as a test to see if that fixes the problem? http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=6309&p=62322#p62322

Let me know if that helps.

Posted: Wednesday Feb 15th, 2012 at 12:09 am #5170

Thank you very much for your answer!
Unfortunately I don’t think it is a cache issue. I am using WP super cache, and I already deactivated the plugin once (tried it again to be sure) but it didn’t help. Either for the level1 list not showing nor for the forum issues.
That’s why I thought it was a corrupt database issue. I thought the issue was just with bbpress but just today i noticed this “level1 list not showing” issue as well… The data is still here, it is just not displaying…
Is there any risque in repairing the whole database?

Posted: Wednesday Feb 15th, 2012 at 12:49 am #5185

I see. Hmm… I remember another user having a similar problem and it was the caching plugin. Could you try using Quick Cache instead of that one? http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/quick-cache/

About the database repair, I suggest you create a backup before doing it. In Google you’ll find plenty of info on how you can do the repair: http://google.com/search?q=repairing+a+mysql+database

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Feb 15th, 2012 at 1:14 am #5186

Ok I will try both. Thanks so much for your help, it’s not the first time you helped me (directly or indirectly) and I’m really thankful for that. I’m glad I’m using this plugin :)

Posted: Wednesday Feb 15th, 2012 at 2:19 am #5203

Thanks for the kudos! I’m glad I managed to help you so far. :)

Please let me know how it goes.

Posted: Wednesday Feb 15th, 2012 at 7:46 pm #5297

Hello,

For now here are the issues:
bbpress plugin installed on jan27 with Minimatica theme.
since a week and a half:
– more and more forums/posts/topics are disappearing: showing only in the admin panel but not on the user end (or only partially with no sidebar/footer/admin bar).
– users can actually post in some forums but not in affected forums/topics/posts.
– admin bar not showing in the “user” tab in the admin panel.
– wordpress backup not backing up the website.

What i did:
– checked and repaired all the database to insure they were ok.
– uninstalled wp super cache and installed quick cache

All the issues are still here… I’m running out of things to try…
Anyone have ANY idea? Maybe I should uninstall and reinstall bbpress?

Posted: Wednesday Feb 15th, 2012 at 8:04 pm #5299

IT’S FIXED! woohoo!
Apparently it was caused by a plugin: “Simple Local Avatars” I deactivated it and everything got back as they where at once!

Thanks again for the help :)

Posted: Thursday Feb 16th, 2012 at 1:46 am #5314

Great! Thanks for the udpate! I’m very glad you sorted it out. :)

I’m adding that plugin to the list of known conflicts then.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.