latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

LOGIN PAGE SET UP

Home Forums Community Forum LOGIN PAGE SET UP

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Oct 17th, 2012 at 8:32 pm #28782

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Oct 17th, 2012 at 9:29 pm #28789
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Jessica,

For your login page, you mean your WordPress login page or the s2Member Login Welcome Page?

– Eduan

Posted: Thursday Oct 18th, 2012 at 1:54 pm #28877

the login page on my wordpress that is set up for s2member.

Posted: Thursday Oct 18th, 2012 at 1:59 pm #28879
Eduan

Hello Jessica,

If I go to http://www.exercisesinthehome.com/wp-login.php?action=register I can see the registration page.

– Eduan

Posted: Thursday Oct 18th, 2012 at 2:10 pm #28882

After someone registers, they are not prompted to go check the email (1) once the do go into an email and confirm, that page is the members options page.

If someone already registered, when they go back to the site, the LOGIN page is blank. I dont see how or what to put on it so the member can log in.

Posted: Thursday Oct 18th, 2012 at 2:22 pm #28885
Eduan

Hello Jessica,

I think I understand the problem better now. Could you please try changing your theme back to the default WordPress one (TwentyEleven), and see if that solves any of the problems?

Also, could you deactivate all your plugins (all of them, except s2Member) and see if any of the problems are solved?

If any of these worked, then it means that your theme is not compatible with s2Member, or one of your plugins isn’t compatible with s2Member.

– Eduan

Posted: Thursday Oct 18th, 2012 at 5:58 pm #28916
Mike Potts
Username: mikepotts

Eduan, I have a related problem on my site (www.petlodger.co.uk) that perhaps you can help with; I have a Register/Login page on which is (1) a link to the password-protected Member’s only login page and (2) a registration form.

When I am logged in to WP as admin, the Login link on the page works fine, but as soon as I log-out and go to the front end the Login link simply loops me back to the same Register/Login page.

Have tried deactivating all plugins and reverting to Twenty Eleven theme but it’s no different. Any ideas?

Mike

Posted: Thursday Oct 18th, 2012 at 6:16 pm #28927
Eduan

Hello Mike,

s2Member doesn’t introduce any Paid Users Only login page, I believe you are referring to the Login Welcome Page, which is the page the users go to after they have logged in.

The login is controlled by WordPress, the login page in your website would be: http://www.petlodger.co.uk/wp-login.php

– Eduan

Posted: Thursday Oct 18th, 2012 at 6:33 pm #28933
Mike Potts

Eduan,

I think I have sorted it with a combination of trial-and-arror and your assistance, thank you.

Mike

Posted: Thursday Oct 18th, 2012 at 6:54 pm #28942
Mike Potts

..and just when I thought I’d got it all sorted. Eduan, your advice please – on Member Profile Modifications, where do I put the in-line Profile Modification short-code? (I’m not a techy person, can you tell?!). I’ve managed to work my way through most of the rest but I’m really scratching my head with this one?
Mike

Posted: Thursday Oct 18th, 2012 at 8:30 pm #28948
Eduan

You would put that in whatever page you want to designate as your profile modification page. :)

Posted: Friday Oct 19th, 2012 at 2:01 am #28965
Mike Potts

Thanks for that Eduan. :-). Perhaps I should have been clearer; it’s not so much “where” as “how” I think! I’m not a developer and I don’t code etc, so I’m a real bodger when it comes to stuff like this, and I just can’t see how you get the short code into the page.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by  Mike Potts.
Posted: Friday Oct 19th, 2012 at 10:50 am #29028
Eduan

OK, so for an inline profile modification page, you would use the following shortcode:
[s2Member-Profile /]

This would make it so that the form appears in the page as part of the page, as content of the page. You would put this in any page that you want the profile modification form BTW.

For a profile modification page that comes up as a popup, which is the method I recommend, you would put the following in the page you want:

<a href="#" onclick="window.open('http://wordpress.eduantech.com/?s2member_profile=1', '_popup', 'width=600,height=400,left=100,screenX=100,top=100,screenY=100,location=0,menubar=0,toolbar=0,status=0,scrollbars=1,resizable=1'); return false;">Modify Profile</a>

This would make a clickable link that when clicked, it will open a new window for editing your profile. Here’s a demo:
Modify Profile

Hope this helps. :)

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.