latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Members directory and custom registratio form

Home Forums Community Forum Members directory and custom registratio form

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Ian Jarvis 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Feb 5th, 2013 at 9:18 am #40858
Ian Jarvis
Username: jarvis

Hi All,
I hope someone can help. I guess if I mention what I’m trying to do, perhaps someone can say whether it’s possible with S2Members and whether I need the pro version etc.

We want to create a members directory. People can register for free but we wish to expand the standard user registration form.

Once a user completes the form, the user has to be approved first. The approval email needs to go to designated email address other than the wordpress admin account

Once approved. An email goes to the user to confirm they can login

If they login, they can update their user account & additional (newly created) fields

Within the members directory, I need to be able to search users by name, company (additional new field) or by sector (additional new field – drop down of industry sectors). ideally one user can be in multiple sectors

Can this all be achieved with S2Members?
Thanks for your time

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Feb 6th, 2013 at 6:35 pm #40944
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

Once a user completes the form, the user has to be approved first. The approval email needs to go to designated email address other than the wordpress admin account

User approval is not something that s2Member natively supports, but you can set this up by doing the following:

1. Make sure that you have Custom Passwords turned OFF in your Registration/Profile Fields Options. This will ensure that a user cannot log in until you send them their password.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields

2. Edit your New User Notification Emails to ensure that the user will not receive their email until you send it to them. Here you can also specific recipients of the Administrative New User Notification.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Email Configuration

Now you will be notified every time a user signs up, and they will be denied access until you send them their password. Will that work for you?

Within the members directory, I need to be able to search users by name, company (additional new field) or by sector (additional new field – drop down of industry sectors). ideally one user can be in multiple sectors

A Member’s directory is not something that s2Member supports. I’ll add this to our requests list. In the meantime, you may want to take a look at the WordPress function get_users() for accomplishing this.

See: http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/get_users

Please let us know if you have any further questions/concerns. :-)

Posted: Thursday Feb 7th, 2013 at 5:39 am #41021
Ian Jarvis

Thank you Bruce for a great reply and a detailed one at that.

Just to clarify, I can send a new member signup to multiple admin accounts, not just the default wordpress admin email? As I want more than one person to be able to approve it you see

By sending their password to them, do I have to create it? As I’d rather not know a user password and I thought data protection meant I shouldn’t. If its auto generated when we send it then that’d be great

The other question I have (sorry!). Can S2 Members extend the current registration form to include new fields such as:
Company
Fax
Mobile
Ideally an image upload
Category (a member can select multiple categories that may be relevant to them)

If this can be done, I reckon I can use this as the basis to our member directory if I also use AMR Users

Thanks again

Posted: Thursday Feb 7th, 2013 at 4:56 pm #41065
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Just to clarify, I can send a new member signup to multiple admin accounts, not just the default wordpress admin email? As I want more than one person to be able to approve it you see

Right. You can assign the email to go to as many emails as you need.

By sending their password to them, do I have to create it? As I’d rather not know a user password and I thought data protection meant I shouldn’t. If its auto generated when we send it then that’d be great

A password is automatically generated when a user is created, if you have this set up to do so. You may need another plugin to send a user their password without generating a new one, however, as WordPress does not support this.

The other question I have (sorry!). Can S2 Members extend the current registration form to include new fields such as:

Yes. You can set up Custom Registration/Profile Fields in your WordPress Dashboard here:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields

Let us know if you have any further questions/concerns. :-)

Posted: Friday Feb 8th, 2013 at 4:15 am #41184
Ian Jarvis

Thanks again Bruce. I think this will be perfect for my needs. Your help & support has been very much appreciated!

Posted: Tuesday Feb 12th, 2013 at 6:07 am #41546
Ian Jarvis

Hi Bruce,

I hope you can help. I’ve setup the multiple admin recipients but only seem to get the signup emails to the first address in the list. I’ve set them like so:
name@domain.com; someone@domain.co.uk; test@domain.org

Obviously I’ve used genuine addresses though

Any ideas on what I may be doing wrong? I’ve tried it without spaces too

Thanks

Posted: Tuesday Feb 12th, 2013 at 11:44 am #41570
Ian Jarvis

Don’t worry, I’ve sussed this out now. I realise it was conflicting with another plugin (New User Approve), once I disabled this (as S2Members does the work) it solved the issue

Thanks

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.