latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Multisite, Admin Menu Editor, and s2member.

Home Forums Community Forum Multisite, Admin Menu Editor, and s2member.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Paige Dockweiler 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday May 23rd, 2012 at 9:23 pm #14376
Frankjath
Username: frankjath

Hi I have a question. I am running a multi-site wordpress install offering blogs to clients . When user registers they are registered on my main site as Level 1 or Level 2 but on their site they are registered as an admin which makes since so they can post to their blog and add pages. My issue actually happens when I want to edit the menus on their site. I am using a plugin called Admin menu editor. It allows me to restrict a menu item by role or capability. In the list of roles it lets me select the s2member roles Level 1 or Level 2. For example if I want to hide the Tools menu for level 1 subscribers I select Level 2 in the list, meaning level 2 or higher will see the tools menu but any level lower then 2 will not. However, since members are automatically assigned admin role they will see all the menus regardless of what s2member level I choose because admin is a higher level. I could change their role on their blog but then they would loose posting and page creation privileges. Help would be much appreciated.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jan 7th, 2013 at 12:58 am #36415

Not sure if you ever got this figured out but you should be able to set super_admin as a requirement on that particular page which would limit site administrators from accessing that menu item while still allowing you the functionality.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.