latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Paypal reactivated but role not changed?

Home Forums Community Forum Paypal reactivated but role not changed?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Jan 26th, 2013 at 7:36 pm #39712

If a member using paypal is suspended their role is correctly demoted to subscriber but, if I reactivate the suspended account in paypal, the role is not automatically promoted back. Should it be? I would think the approved payment should put the member back into good standing but, it does not seem to do so.

Thanks in advance.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jan 26th, 2013 at 7:38 pm #39714

Also, if I manually input the information and reactivate, will the user be automatically be demoted in the future if they cancel or get suspended again?

Posted: Tuesday Jan 29th, 2013 at 1:31 pm #39912
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Charles,

Not very sure of what your question is here, so please clarify.

Your question is, if a member is demoted through PayPal, it works in s2Member as we. Is that correct? If so, this should happen.

And also, if a member is upgrade through PayPal, the user is not upgraded in s2Member. Is that correct? If so, I believe this is intentional as well…

– Eduan

Posted: Tuesday Jan 29th, 2013 at 6:30 pm #39939

And also, if a member is upgrade through PayPal, the user is not upgraded in s2Member. Is that correct? If so, I believe this is intentional as well…

Why is this intentional? If the members subscription is put back into an active status, why shouldn’t S2 see that active payment and restore their membership level?

Also,

If I manually input the information back into S2 and change the membership level back, will the user be automatically be demoted in the future if they cancel or get suspended again?

Posted: Thursday Jan 31st, 2013 at 2:51 pm #40179
Eduan

I believe it is intentional, I’m not sure. However it would make sense if it was.

s2Member has no possible way of knowing that the user was a member previously, and thus know that it can safely give the access back, at least not currently. It’s the only way I could explain it.

And yes, if you input the user’s EOT and everything correctly, it should work.

– Eduan

Posted: Thursday Jan 31st, 2013 at 3:44 pm #40191

Why doesn’t S2 know?

Paypal tells S2 when a user is suspended… why can’t it tell S2 when that user in no longer suspended?

Posted: Saturday Feb 2nd, 2013 at 12:26 pm #40469
Eduan

The only thing I can think of is because s2Member has no way of knowing to what user PayPal is referring to.

When the user is upgraded through s2Member, s2Member does lots of stuff in the background, among those things is recognizing to what user give the correct access.

However if things happen at PayPal’s side, PayPal is not telling s2Member what user it’s talking about, and so s2Member has no way of knowing what user to actually upgrade.

– Eduan

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.