latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Recurring payments

Home Forums Community Forum Recurring payments

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jan 31st, 2013 at 8:35 am #40115
john sheahan
Username: johnegg

Hi guys

Fantastic plugin! Ive been using up until now for just hiding content to non members. However now my client wants to start charging for membrship via paypal & credit card via payal.

Just a few questions on this:

If I set up recurring payments is the money taken automatically out of the members paypal or credit card annually?

Are there any notification emails if the member cancelles the recurring payment via paypal?

Is it possible to set up a reminder email to the member a week before their membership is up?

If a member pays by credit card & the payment fails for the second year what happens?

I guess I just need a quick once over on how recurring payments work please!

Any help much appreciated

Regards
john

• This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  john sheahan.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Feb 1st, 2013 at 6:31 am #40246
john sheahan
Username: johnegg

Any help here guys please?

Posted: Saturday Feb 2nd, 2013 at 10:39 am #40427
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

If I set up recurring payments is the money taken automatically out of the members paypal or credit card annually?

It depends on the payment method they choose.

If they pay via PayPal® Express Checkout, the money comes from the customer’s configured funding source inside the customer’s PayPal account. This might come from a checking account, credit card, or available PayPal balance.

If the customer pays you with a credit card on-site, the money always comes from that credit card.

Are there any notification emails if the member cancelles the recurring payment via paypal?

s2Member is notified silently behind-the-scene by PayPal, and s2Member will take the appropriate action, at the appropriate time. See also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior.

If the customer paid you via PayPal® Express Checkout (i.e. the customer is associated with a PayPal account of their own), PayPal will likely send you both a confirmation email, indicating a cancellation. This can depend on your PayPal account configuration however.

s2Member can be configured to send email notifications for all sorts of events.
See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications -› Cancellation Notifications

Is it possible to set up a reminder email to the member a week before their membership is up?

No, this is not possible yet.

If a member pays by credit card & the payment fails for the second year what happens?

This depends upon your EOT Behavior, and also on the number of failed payments that you allow. If you only allow a single failed payment, an EOT will occur. If you allow more than a single failed payment, nothing will happen in the first failed payment. If it fails enough times, it will eventually trigger an EOT.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior
See also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained)

s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained)
rra="2" Reattempt failed payments? Possible values: 0 = do NOT reattempt billing when/if a recurring payment fails; 1 or higher = yes, DO reattempt billing when/if a recurring payment fails. With PayPal® Pro integration, PayPal® will retry a maximum of 2 times whenever rra="2"; after that, a Subscription would be terminated due to Max Failed Payments having been reached. With PayPal® Pro integration, the value of this attribute also configures Max Failed Payments. So a setting of rra="2" means that you allow a maximum of 2 failed payments.
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.