latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Removing billing address pro form (no zip)

Home Forums Community Forum Removing billing address pro form (no zip)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Apr 29th, 2013 at 9:20 pm #48694

International subscribers can’t complete transactions because zip codes are either formatted differently or they don’t have them. Paypal says they don’t require billing address for credit card transactions – Jason in another thread says removing these fields will cause problems:
“In the case of s2Member Pro Forms, we integrate with the PayPal Pro API, and these basic address fields are required by the PayPal Pro API. Therefore, removing them would prevent transactions from being completed successfully under this type of integration.”

He’s right because the submission errors out if I remove the address fields. Is there a solution to this?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Apr 30th, 2013 at 10:51 am #48797

I retested with dummy values in the billing address fields and hid that section from visitors and it submitted fine. Paypal records billing address as “No Address Provided” but accepted the transaction so clearly it’s not a requirement of the Paypal Pro API as indicated by Jason’s response above. As long as something is entered, s2member submits the form and Paypal accepts it, because they don’t use the address to validate the card.
So the question remains, why does s2member require it if Paypal doesn’t?

Posted: Tuesday Apr 30th, 2013 at 11:16 pm #48879
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

And thank you for the information.

I’m sending this to our development team for their input on this.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.