latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2 member dragging my website speed down

Home Forums Community Forum s2 member dragging my website speed down

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jun 14th, 2012 at 9:50 am #16478
Nigel
Username: enquirer32

I’ve been using pingdomtools.com to look into this and despite caching etc two particular pages from s2 load when the home page is accessed and these are killing my speed:

eg

http://mywebsite.com/wp-content/plugins/s2member/s2member-o.php?ws_plugin__s2member_js_w_globals=1&qcABC=1&ver=120608-120608-183528071

and

http://magazine.finewinepress.com/wp-content/plugins/s2member/s2member-o.php?ws_plugin__s2member_js_w_globals=1&qcABC=1&ver=120608-120608-183528071

What do you suggest?

Google ads don’t help either

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jun 14th, 2012 at 4:14 pm #16505

Nigel s2member has to load the javascript to function so you can’t do anything about that.

Have a look at this thread which explains how to stop the css from loading click here

However after a quick inspection of your site I can see that it is very slow but s2member will only account for a very small fraction of that. Whats really killing your site is that you have 21 javascript files and 25 css files being loaded, try combining those into 1 of each and your see a huge gain in performance.

Hope that helps

Posted: Sunday Jun 17th, 2012 at 2:51 pm #16733
Nigel
Username: enquirer32

Thanks yes working onthe rest of it but frankly I’ve got 7secs of S2 member loading in 2 different places… by far the largest component and would shave 75% of the site’s load time. I’ve implemented one part of the mu css load so will let you know if this works. I do think this needs some attention? Still… a great plugin!

Posted: Tuesday Jun 19th, 2012 at 3:41 am #16833
kati
Username: hifidunn

I am having the same problem. My host is telling me reduce the stress on the cpu and users are complaining that the site is slow many times. I can see the same thing, every time a page is loaded two s2member files are loaded which is about 40%.
One guy suggested I make the two files static…I do not know what that means or if it can be done.

Nigel please report back if it works with the mu css implementation.

Posted: Tuesday Jun 19th, 2012 at 4:39 am #16840

I do think this needs some attention?

Definitely, and we’re improving this in the new s2Member being developed.

Still… a great plugin!

Thanks! :D

One guy suggested I make the two files static…I do not know what that means or if it can be done.

You can do it with the CSS, but the current s2Member needs the JS to be dynamic. Changing this needs a change in so many areas of the plugin, that it hasn’t been possible yet. We’ve been rewriting s2Member for the past months and it’ll be much better.

Posted: Tuesday Jun 19th, 2012 at 6:48 am #16870
kati
Username: hifidunn

We’ve been rewriting s2Member for the past months and it’ll be much better.

Any ETA for the update?

Posted: Tuesday Jun 19th, 2012 at 5:46 pm #16925

Sometime this Summer is the last ETA I saw Jason mention, but I don’t have any concrete date, sorry.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.