latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

S2member and Better WP Security conflict

Home Forums Community Forum S2member and Better WP Security conflict

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jun 20th, 2012 at 6:14 am #16983
Alex Frons
Username: purpleseo

First of all I have to note I’m using Better WP Security plugin and I changed:
– Login Slug to http://mydomain.com/loginpapka123
– Register Slug to http://mydomain.com/register456
There is one secret key and message: “Keep this key in a safe place. You can use it to manually fix plugins that link to wp-login.php. Once turning on this feature and plugins linking to wp-login.php will fail without adding ?[the key]& after wp-login.php. 99% of users will not need this key. The only place you would ever use it is to fix a bad login link in the code of a plugin or theme.”

Problems which I have:
– sign up page can’t find css and look not so good.
– when I’m not loged in and trying to access to topics of forums (which are limited with members 0 or higher) I has to be redirected to register page, but there is only white screen.
– when I’m trying to register as a free member there is message: “PayPal® configuration error. Please configure your PayPal® Email Address.”
I put this code in my register page: [s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form register="1" level="0" ccaps="" desc="Signup now, it's Free!" custom="valueslots.com" tp="0" tt="D" captcha="clean" /]

When I deactivate Better MP security I don’t have any problems.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jun 21st, 2012 at 6:56 am #17088

Hi Alex.

I’m not sure I understand fully why you need to change the login and registration links. If you were the only one logging in, then it’d be safer because no one else can find it easily, but if you’re having users register and login, then it’s not secret, so why not use the default address?

– sign up page can’t find css and look not so good.

You can use the pro-forms to do the registration in any WP page that will look like the rest of your site, instead of the detached wp-login page WordPress has.

– when I’m not loged in and trying to access to topics of forums (which are limited with members 0 or higher) I has to be redirected to register page, but there is only white screen.

You mean redirect to the Membership Options page? That’s the default s2Member behavior when someone tries to view restricted content without the proper access. You can use the pro-form in this page and have it do the registration too. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Membership Options Page[/hilite]

The forum topics would be protected with the URI restriction using [hilite mono]/topic/[/hilite], if I remember the topic URLs correctly. I’m guessing you’re using BuddyPress with bbPress.

– when I’m trying to register as a free member there is message: “PayPal® configuration error. Please configure your PayPal® Email Address.”

Did you configure your PayPal integration properly and double check everything? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Monday Jun 25th, 2012 at 10:22 am #17372
Alex Frons
Username: purpleseo

I fixed all problems with removing better wp security plugin. I made security alone. If somebody have same problem can contact with me here.

There is only one problem left.
I put this code in my register page: [s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form register="1" level="0" ccaps="" desc="Signup now, it's Free!" custom="valueslots.com" tp="0" tt="D" captcha="clean" /]
This code is generated by “s2Member® Pro / PayPal® Pro Forms” >>” Free Registrations Codes” and now in register is required payment, because when I try to make new register there is a message: “PayPal® configuration error. Please configure your PayPal® Email Address”.

Which code I have to put for free registration?
In http://valueslots.com/wp-login.php?action=register everything is ok. I want same registration form in registration page.

Posted: Monday Jun 25th, 2012 at 11:13 pm #17441

I fixed all problems with removing better wp security plugin. I made security alone.

Cool. Glad you solved those problems.

when I try to make new register there is a message: “PayPal® configuration error. Please configure your PayPal® Email Address”.

Ah, although you don’t need PayPal for free registrations, because there isn’t a payment, since it’s a PayPal pro-form, s2Member expects the PayPal integration configured. You can just enter fake values if you’re not going to use PayPal to get payments. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.