latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Sales Page OUTSIDE WordPress

Home Forums Community Forum Sales Page OUTSIDE WordPress

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Feb 20th, 2012 at 11:34 am #5695

Hey there

I have a HTML sales page as my domain homepage – my restricted wordpress site is on a subdomain. As my sales page is outside of WordPress how do I allow members to sign up for my site via s2Member?

I have created a pay button in Paypal and I was going to use the Auto-Return PDT which s2Member generates as the “paypal return to destination” after payment, however I’m not sure if this would work?

Does anyone know how I can achieve this so that a user signs up outside of wordpress however can then register for my wordpress site?

Thanks
Rich

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Feb 20th, 2012 at 9:38 pm #5779
Staff Member
Hi there. Thanks for your inquiry.

If you’re running with PayPal Standard Buttons, you can check the Shortcode documentation for the output="url" option. Check your Dashboard under: s2Member -> PayPal Buttons -> Shortcode Attributes (Explained).

You’ll also find the success="" Attribute in those docs, if you have
s2Member Pro installed, and I think that option might help you further.

So you might create a PayPal Button Shortcode with output="url" instead of the default output="button". Next, load this button up on your site, with the Shortcode, and simply copy the resulting URL. Now take that and put it on any site you like. Just be sure that you’re NOT logged in when you copy the URL, otherwise you’ll have a special URL that’s not for first-time Customers.

[s2Member-PayPal-Button ... output="url" /]

Load it up (while NOT logged in), and copy the URL from one site to another.

Posted: Tuesday Feb 21st, 2012 at 11:20 am #5875

Hey Jason,

Thanks for that, I’ll give that ago later – what I had done at the moment was to use the generated full code (not short code) from s2Member to create a paypal button, I then removed the ONO PHP parts from it and added the code to my page (outside WP)… from what I can see, this works? Can you just confirm everything should be ok?

Thanks again
Rich

Posted: Thursday Feb 23rd, 2012 at 3:48 am #6090
Staff Member

Hi Rich. Thanks for the follow-up.

Well, I can’t really offer you support for Payment Buttons that you configure manually and remove parts of the code from. That being said, what you’ve described sounds like it should do just fine.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.