latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Specific Page (Buy Now) Buttons

Home Forums Community Forum Specific Page (Buy Now) Buttons

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Apr 5th, 2012 at 11:52 am #10162
Bobby Kersey
Username: Hellion

We are going to have a Theme Club membership along with individual themes for sale. I believe the Specific Page (Buy Now) Buttons is the option I am looking for to sell the individual downloadable themes.

I have read the instructions, but can someone explain the process in normal terms? What is the Leading Page? How do I restrict the content (link to download the theme) on the page that I am selling access to?

Say I have 10 themes that I want to sell individually – how would the process flow?
I just can’t get my mind wrapped around the process – any help is greatly appreciated.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  Bobby Kersey.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Apr 5th, 2012 at 1:00 pm #10168
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Bobby, thanks for your inquiry.

Here is the process I would follow.

1. First you go to Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Page/Post Access Restrictions and select the pages in which you wish to put your download link.

2. Then you put the download links that will allow the users to download the themes they’ve bought, inside their corresponding pages/post.

3. Then you simply create PayPal buttons to buy access to those protected pages. This will be done under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Specific Post/Page (Buy Now) Buttons.

And then you put the links to the pages and the buy now buttons in your membership options page.

Would this work for you?

Another method you could use is to not protect the pages with specific post page access restrictions, but to protect the links to download the theme.

Which you can do under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› Basic Download Restrictions and Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› Advanced Download Restrictions.

Again, simply put the buy now buttons in the page/post with the download link, or in your membership options page.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Apr 5th, 2012 at 2:53 pm #10182
Bobby Kersey

Thanks for the reply Eduán! I’ll try both to see what better fits what I need to do.

Posted: Thursday Apr 5th, 2012 at 3:48 pm #10185
Bobby Kersey

Not having any luck with either way. Maybe you can help me work something out.

Here is more background on the site. We will have a theme club (like Woothemes.com) that can access all premium theme files for a membership (Level 1) – that part is set up fine. Next, will offer free themes for members or non-members – that part is fine. The challenge comes next…we want to offer all premium theme files available to Level 0 members (we have Open Registration turned on) – but on an individual purchase basis.

Do you understand what I mean? If we have 10 themes, Theme Club (Level 1) members will have access to all 10 theme files – all for one membership price. Level 0 members can purchase an theme individually – and only have access to the theme(s) they buy. If they want another theme, they must buy it individually (unless the join the Theme Club).

How do I only let the Level 0 member have access to the theme files they purchased?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  Bobby Kersey.
Posted: Thursday Apr 5th, 2012 at 4:05 pm #10187
Eduan

Thanks for the inquiry.

In that case, you might be interested in using Custom Capabilities (CCaps).

You can find them under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Custom Capabilities.

Also, we have a video on CCaps:
Video » s2Member (Custom Capabilities)

Posted: Thursday Apr 5th, 2012 at 4:22 pm #10190
Bobby Kersey

It did help…thanks.

I believe the section Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Custom Capability & Member Level Files will do what I need. I will need to play around a little when I get home tonight.

Thanks again Eduán – your help was greatly appreciated.

Also, how do you hilite the menu text like you guys do?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  Bobby Kersey.
Posted: Thursday Apr 5th, 2012 at 4:45 pm #10194
Eduan

Thanks for the follow-up! :)

Glad I was able to help. :)

In order to highlight the s2Member menu we use a shortcode:

[hilite path]The path that you wish to hilite[/hilite]

I already have an idea for your current system, if you want, I can write it down, it’s simply how I would do it. ;)

Posted: Thursday Apr 5th, 2012 at 4:50 pm #10195
Bobby Kersey

Absolutely. Do you want to post it here or email me?

Posted: Thursday Apr 5th, 2012 at 4:55 pm #10197
Eduan

I will post it here for future reference:

Each theme would be a different custom capability.

The s2Member level 0 would probably have to be level 1.

So users pay a minimal amount of money to get “level 0” (actually level 1), and then, you can sell access to each theme with a different button, for users “level 0”.

And if they want to get every theme, they pay for a level 2 button, which will include all the CCaps they could have.

I don’t know if that would work for you, but it works for me I think. ;)

P.S. You could of course modify the user levels to fit your exact needs, if new themes come out, you can add a level that would give them access to all of them. ;)

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.