latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Strange conflict with plugin

Home Forums Community Forum Strange conflict with plugin

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  David Kennaway 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Feb 21st, 2013 at 10:32 am #42735

Getting the following message in http://example.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=ws-plugin–s2member-gen-ops

New User Email Configuration
Conflict warning: You have another theme or plugin installed that is preventing s2Member from controlling this aspect of your installation. When the pluggable function wp_new_user_notification() is handled by another plugin, it’s not possible for s2Member to allow customization of New User Emails. This is NOT a major issue. In fact, in some cases, it might be desirable. That being said, if you DO want to use s2Member’s customization of New User Emails, you will need to deactivate one plugin at a time until this conflict warning goes away.

when having only s2Member and Camera slideshow http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/camera-slideshow/ plugins activated.

This is indeed strange as Camera slideshow doesn’t appear to access wp_new_user_notification() anywhere in its code – I’ve done a search through its code.

Is there anything that can be done about this?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Feb 21st, 2013 at 10:56 am #42738
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

This is sort of a false positive; but not really. Let me explain, because there IS an issue here.

The Camera plugin contains this line of code:

require (ABSPATH . WPINC . '/pluggable.php');

This prevents other plugins from being able to override functions inside pluggable.php; which is what WordPress® intends (i.e. these are pluggable functions that can optionally be defined by plugins — instead of by WordPress® itself). Loading the pluggable.php file too soon, will remove the ability for other plugins to accomplish this. Hence, the conflict that you are seeing.

Generally speaking, a plugin should really NOT include/require the pluggable.php file at all. Instead, it should simply wait until the WordPress® init Hook has been fired, at which point any functionality it needs from the pluggable functions will be available already; so there’s no need for a plugin developer to include it.

I would contact the developer of this plugin and point them to this thread. They probably just didn’t realize.
See also: http://codex.wordpress.org/Pluggable_Functions

Posted: Thursday Feb 21st, 2013 at 1:59 pm #42746

Thanks, I’ll do that :-)

Posted: Thursday Feb 28th, 2013 at 12:36 pm #43424

I changed all the references to

require (ABSPATH . WPINC . '/pluggable.php');

to

require (ABSPATH . '/wp-load.php');

and it appears to solve the problem.

It’s in three places: twice in lib/camera_functions.php and once in lib/admin/camera_addremove.php

And I’ve sent an email to the developer. Hopefully they will include it in an update!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.