latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Thesis Themes version 2.02

Home Forums Community Forum Thesis Themes version 2.02

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Dec 4th, 2012 at 5:20 pm #33480

I am now using thesis themes 2.2 and notice the following:

Pages and posts show “waiting”
Cannot install widgets to sidebar, will not update and show.

Themes homepage and forums can be found here

http://diythemes.com/

Pete

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Dec 4th, 2012 at 6:47 pm #33493
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Pete,

This does not sound like something s2Member is causing. I recommend contacting DIY Themes for info on what might be causing this.

Posted: Tuesday Dec 4th, 2012 at 8:17 pm #33506

Well when I deactivate S2, the problems disappear.

Posted: Wednesday Dec 5th, 2012 at 8:38 am #33544

Peter, if you change the theme to the default TwentyEleven, do the problems also go away? s2Member doesn’t have those problems in a default installation of WordPress. From what you say, it seems there’s an incompatibility between Thesis and s2Member.

Pages and posts show “waiting”
Cannot install widgets to sidebar, will not update and show.

What pages and posts? Any or just those restricted with s2Member?

s2Member Pro includes a login widget, this is the only interaction s2Member has with widgets that I’m aware of. If you just use the s2Member framework without the Pro add-on, do you still have the widgets problem?

Posted: Thursday Dec 6th, 2012 at 1:33 am #33667

It turns out that the issues I am seeing, “waiting for ” (post or page reload) occurs in wordpress 2010 also ( sorry to mislead so it seems thesis is not the problem)

I took the login widget out of the sidebar with no change.

Sorry I haven’t played with all the S2 various options in a while so I’m nor sure what the Pro add on is?

Posted: Thursday Dec 6th, 2012 at 7:36 am #33685

occurs in wordpress 2010

Do you mean the TwentyTen theme?

What versions of WordPress and s2Member are you using?

I’m nor sure what the Pro add on is?

The free version of s2Member is the framework. Then there’s s2Member Pro, the one you purchased, which is an add-on to the framework, it adds features to it, like the login widget, the pro-forms, export tool, etc. Video » s2Member® Pro Intro

I took the login widget out of the sidebar with no change.

Could you send the site’s info so I can take a look? s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Thursday Dec 6th, 2012 at 4:39 pm #33777

sent and thanks

Pete

Posted: Friday Dec 7th, 2012 at 7:03 am #33860

Thanks, got the email.

I was able to login to the WP admin area, but not to the FTP. I’m also replying to your email about it, could you reply back with the correct FTP login?

I see you have deactivated s2Member, do you give me permission to activate it for a moment to see the problem? If so, I’d like to have FTP access in case I need to deactivate s2Member and for some reason can’t do it from the dashboard.

Thanks. :)

Posted: Friday Dec 7th, 2012 at 7:39 am #33866

I see you have deactivated s2Member, do you give me permission to activate it for a moment to see the problem?

Sure, no problem

I will check the ftp details and reply to the email

Thanks

Pete

Posted: Friday Dec 7th, 2012 at 8:32 am #33881

Thanks, I could login to the FTP this time. :)

I activated s2Member and don’t see the problems you mentioned. The s2Member Pro Login Widget is in the Widgets page, but not added to any widget area. And I don’t see any pages being restricted by s2Member in the Restriction Options.

Could you point me to the exact URLs I should look in and point me at what to look in those pages? You can send the URLs via email too if you want. Thanks!

Posted: Friday Dec 7th, 2012 at 4:27 pm #33923

I have been using Internet explorer mainly ( running windows 8) which is where I still see the problem where enabling the login widget (moving it into the widget area in the sidebar)does not seem to stick and the page continually shows “waiting for”

Seems to work fine in Chrome at the moment though I’m sure it was presenting the same issues last time I checked?

All very confusing, I wont have much time until Monday, I will update after I test a litttle more then and report back.

Thank you for your help so far

Pete

Posted: Friday Dec 7th, 2012 at 4:57 pm #33925

Got ya. I’ll wait for your update. Have a great weekend!

When you test, try the suggestions here too: Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Posted: Monday Dec 10th, 2012 at 6:37 pm #34187

All seems Ok for the moment, no issues in Chrome or Firefox, it seems the issue was in Internet explorer (windows 8)

Thesis has updated twice since I posted last and everything seems to be playing nicely for the moment.

Time will tell….I appreciate all of your support

Thank you

Pete

Posted: Tuesday Dec 11th, 2012 at 8:01 am #34239

Thanks for the update, Pete! I’m glad it seems to be resolved. :)

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.