latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Website loading slow after activating pro v

Home Forums Community Forum Website loading slow after activating pro v

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Youssef Berrada 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Feb 8th, 2013 at 6:41 am #41191

I was using the free version of s2member and just yesterday i did an upgrade to pro version.
Because of this file: s2member-o.php with two variables one for a js file and another one for css file i have 1s more n time loading.
My website was loadin around 1,45s now it’s around 2,85s
I’m using w3 total cache.

If you have any idea how to to come back to the 1s… thank you for your help.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Feb 11th, 2013 at 6:29 pm #41444
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

Please post a link to your site so that we can investigate this lag. Thank you!

Posted: Monday Feb 11th, 2013 at 6:39 pm #41448

123cartes.com

Posted: Thursday Feb 14th, 2013 at 1:37 am #41668
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up :-)

I’m not seeing any significant lag there. It does appear to be loading about 200ms slower than average across other s2Member® installations though. Do you have output compression enabled at the Apache level? That would cut things down a bit further. It appears that you’ve implemented this already.

Have you made any modifications or added any MU plugin files to your WP installation?

Even with that extra 200ms, your latency on this is not that bad. s2Member® is going to increase load time slightly, if it’s JS/CSS files are included. No way around that. If you would like to optimize things further though, you can selectively load s2Member’s JS/CSS files if you like.

For CSS, please see: http://www.s2member.com/faqs/#s2-faqs-stop-loading-css

Here is another way to completely disable s2Member’s JS/CSS inclusion.

Create this directory and file:
/wp-content/mu-plugins/s2-hacks.php
( these are MUST USE plugins, see: http://codex.wordpress.org/Must_Use_Plugins )

http://www.kevinleary.net/faster-wordpress-move-javascript-files-footer/

Posted: Thursday Feb 14th, 2013 at 5:53 am #41685

I reduced the css using w3 total cache directly, it’s working perfect.
But for js none of the trick did work(rising time) even with w3 total cache. (Maybe i’m doing something wrong)
I think i will keep it like that for the moment.

Thank you a lot for your help and for the link to kevinleary blog very interesting post.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.