latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Additional fields form after login

Home Forums Community Forum Additional fields form after login

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Oct 16th, 2012 at 9:17 am #28527

Hi
i have read various topics about the creation of custom fields for upgrade member level but i didn’t really find what i need.
My situation is:
1- i have free registration member that can read a particular content of page (and this is ok).
2 – another type of contentsin another part of the site is under payment and are structured like this:
2.1 – first moth is free
2.2 – after this month the level0 (logged in) can buy a subscription for 1 month, semestral or annual.

1- My first problem is that i don’t understand if i had to make one level for each type of subcription (monthly,semestral,annual) and so also 3 paypal button (one of each), that i will insert in a specific page not in member options page (the page mentioned in 2.2).
2- The second question is that i need to add fields in registration form (such as company, piva etc..) for upgrading level form free to any other: this is possible (i understand) if the user is not logged in; but i need to forced free member logged-in to fill-in the additional fields before pay.
So level0 will find that additional fields in order to upgrade his level access but not find this fields during the first registration for obtain level0.

thank you

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Oct 17th, 2012 at 7:42 am #28660

Hi Michele.

1- My first problem is that i don’t understand if i had to make one level for each type of subcription (monthly,semestral,annual) and so also 3 paypal button (one of each), that i will insert in a specific page not in member options page (the page mentioned in 2.2).

They’re all the same restriction, right? You’re only changing the payment plans. You can have different buttons to sell the same access. You can sell the same Level 1 with no free trial or with one, or with semestral payments, or annual, etc.

The free registration to get the paid access without having paid would need to be done with the free registration pro-form, though, not a button. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Free Registration Forms[/hilite]

2- The second question is that i need to add fields in registration form (such as company, piva etc..) for upgrading level form free to any other: this is possible (i understand) if the user is not logged in; but i need to forced free member logged-in to fill-in the additional fields before pay.
So level0 will find that additional fields in order to upgrade his level access but not find this fields during the first registration for obtain level0.

Right, if the user is logged in when paying for the access, he’s not going through a registration form, he’s already registered.

If you want to require the extra fields to be filled out, it’ll be a problem, because if you set the fields to be shown at the higher level, then the user upgrading won’t see them even if he goes to his profile page, since he’s not at the higher level yet. You’d need to show the fields to Level 0 users so they can be filled out before upgrade. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields -> Applicable Membership Levels[/hilite]

That done, you’d need to have a conditional that checks if that field is empty or not, and based on show the upgrade button or a link to the profile page so he fills them out.
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Advanced PHP Conditionals[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› PHP/API Constants[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Oct 17th, 2012 at 11:16 am #28711

Hi Cristián,

thanks but I need more information

Example:
1) – NOT REGISTERED: people see the website without login and the only page is registration free (Free Registration Forms)
2) – LEVEL0: people login to website with login and can see FREE material and they shoul see a page to try the paid section for 30 days without paypal button (should be upgrade from LEVEL0 to LEVEL1)
3) – LEVEL1: people see the website for 30 day and expired the 30 day, should pay with PayPal button

Our problem is the point number 2 … we don’t understand how to upgrade a LEVEL0 to LEVEL1 (without paypal button) for a 30 day trial.

Please let we know as soon as possible.

Best regards

Posted: Wednesday Oct 17th, 2012 at 5:59 pm #28759
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Michele,

While the Free Registration forms can be configured to register someone at any level (e.g., you can create a Free Registration form that, when someone signs up, they are assigned to Level 1 or Level 2), but it’s not currently possible to use the upgrade form (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Billing Modification Forms) to do a FREE upgrade from one level to another.

If you want to do a free upgrade from one level to another, you’ll either need to manually edit the users account and change their level from Level 0 to Level 1, or write some custom code of your own that creates such functionality (it wouldn’t be too difficult, as changing someone’s level is simply changing the users WordPress role; see this thread).

All of that said, I’m a bit confused by what you said in your previous post because two things are conflicting:

3) – LEVEL1: people see the website for 30 day and expired the 30 day, should pay with PayPal button

and

we don’t understand how to upgrade a LEVEL0 to LEVEL1 (without paypal button) for a 30 day trial.

In the first case you say that they “should pay with PayPal Button” (i.e., upgrades from Level 0 to Level 1 require a PayPal payment, which is already handled by the Billing Modification form: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Billing Modification Forms), but then in the second statement you say “upgrade a LEVEL0 to LEVEL1 (without paypal button)”…

Should the upgrade from Level 0 to Level 1 require a PayPal payment or not? If it should, then the Billing Modification handles that. If it it should not, then see my first two paragraphs.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.